Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Sony entertainment system / Xbox 360 setup

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I just got a Sony entertainment system (DAV-TZ210), and want that to play the sound while my TV has the video for my Xbox 360 (for Netflix and also gaming).

These are the inputs/outputs for the TV...

7o3pI15 - Sony entertainment system / Xbox 360 setup - RaGEZONE Forums

I've tried so many things, and nothing seems to work... Anyone have any solutions?

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Rogu3
Reaction score
Wait, so you want to plug the Xbox 360 into the TV or into the SES (Sony Entertainment System)? I don't understand what you're asking based on the images you've provided. Please get back to me, I'd like to help.

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I want the video from the Xbox to come through the TV, and I want the audio from the Xbox to come through the SES.

The reason that I provided the picture is so that you know what connections it can have since I didn't give you the model for it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did you plug both the HDMI & component cables into the xbox, HDMI to TV component to SES? Or vice-versa? Also i can't see on that pic but if your SES has a S/PDIF IN then that to xbox & HDMI to TV may work. If those all fail i think you may need a HDMI splitter since the xbox only has 1.

Rogu3
Reaction score
Do you have an HDMI Cable or just an A/V Cable?
If you have an A/V Cable you might be able to put the Red/White Cables into the SES with the Yellow in the TV (might not be long enough).
Mike - Sony entertainment system / Xbox 360 setup - RaGEZONE Forums

These are composite A/V Cables. Just plug the red and white in the SES and the yellow into the TV. It may not be long enough though.
If you have the old HDTV A/V Cables, like this one...
Mike - Sony entertainment system / Xbox 360 setup - RaGEZONE Forums

These have both Composite and Component (YPbPr) Cables. You can switch it to HDTV on the end that plugs into the Xbox. Then, plug the red and white into SES and the green, red, and blue into the TV.
(The Green goes in the port that says Y, the Red goes in the port that says PR/CR, and the Blue goes in the port that says PB/CB)
If you only have an HDMI Cable, this maybe a bit difficult. The only thing I can say trying is Hooking up the Red/White Cables to the SES and then the HDMI to the TV. It may or may not work, I'm not sure. You can also try getting an HDMI Splitter to hook it up from the Xbox to both the SES and the TV.

Good Luck, let me know if you need more help, I'd be glad to assist further if I can.

Back