Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

(STARTER) Web Hosting vs VPS

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Could somebody please drop me some good knowledge when it comes to learning more about the hosting plans specifically Wordpress sites.

Right now I'm using Dedicated Servers to host my Wordpress site and overall my load time is pretty terrible and I was looking for options to have my site to load faster and I had in mind maybe a Content Delivery Network (CDN) would perfectly be a good option for me to add. To get my site to load quicker especially with the fact that I'm uploading high and larger quality photos that reaches around 2mb.

But I do would also like to know more about VPS, which I was also recommended by my hosting service provider to consider changing my hosting plan by having my own Virtual Private Server. I've never used it before and it seems like my hosting provider also allows me to setup my server

The problem is that, I wanted to know in such cases like:
1. If I was transfer my website to a different domain, would the pointing of DNS still be done from the VPS cPanel which my hosting provider has?

2. Does VPS really significantly improve my website's loading time even if it is using high quality photos?

3. Since it is a Virtual Private Server, does that mean I could be hosting two different site at once? And does that affect my other website's performance if I was to run another website in the exact same server?

Please I look forward for your responds.
Thanks!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
If I was transfer my website to a different domain, would the pointing of DNS still be done from the VPS cPanel which my hosting provider has?

You just point the DNS to the IP address of your VPS. It will direct to htdocs

2. Does VPS really significantly improve my website's loading time even if it is using high quality photos?

Not really. Load time is dependant on optimization of your website in most cases. You will start noticing it slow down when you have a load of traffic going to it. But it's already slow with no visitors, its probably the wordpress theme or plugins causing that.

3. Since it is a Virtual Private Server, does that mean I could be hosting two different site at once? And does that affect my other website's performance if I was to run another website in the exact same server?

Yes. You can host as many sites as you want. Aslong as you have domains, you will just need to point to the right address. Heres a link explaining it,

Also check out this website to see whats causing such slow load times. Bookmark this website, its really helpful

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If I was transfer my website to a different domain, would the pointing of DNS still be done from the VPS cPanel which my hosting provider has?

You just point the DNS to the IP address of your VPS. It will direct to htdocs

Not really. Load time is dependant on optimization of your website in most cases. You will start noticing it slow down when you have a load of traffic going to it. But it's already slow with no visitors, its probably the wordpress theme or plugins causing that.

Yes. You can host as many sites as you want. Aslong as you have domains, you will just need to point to the right address. Heres a link explaining it,

Also check out this website to see whats causing such slow load times. Bookmark this website, its really helpful

What are your opinions when it comes to CDN? I think it would be a great alternative from a VPS, especially that I'm running a single wordpress website.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
What are your opinions when it comes to CDN? I think it would be a great alternative from a VPS, especially that I'm running a single wordpress website.

CDN's are a good alternative. I've used them in the past

It really depends on the scale of your website. If it's just a small e-commerce business, standard webhosting will also work fine.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting. I've been using DigitalOcean for years for my own applications. I do prefer having my own server instead of using a web host service. Since a couple of weeks I decided to try a CDN and started my own server at Amazon (AWS). Still experimenting with it and I did not deploy my site, yet.
HeavenlyGifted if you have set up a CDN, I'd be more than happy to hear your opinion about it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
CDN's are only useful if you understand when and how to use them successfully. I use Akamai for my sites and game servers it works like a treat

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
VPS is very cheap now, so we should choose VPS for running website. Everyone can choose at Vultr, DigitalOcean, Linode, Ramnode. If at Euro, recommend choose Contabo, it's very cheap and high ram. I have some review

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yes, it true Louisluong. VPS is very cheap nowadays. I use Contabo which is best for dedicated servers. It offers professional hosting solutions for all business or private applications, for Internet beginners or experts with top web hosting requirements.

yes, it true Louisluong. VPS is very cheap nowadays. I use Contabo which is best for dedicated servers. It offers professional hosting solutions for all business or private applications, for Internet beginners or experts with top web hosting requirements.

Back