Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Suggestion/Opinion] Is this computer good for hosting/gaming?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here is a picture of my general stats.

Electra - [Suggestion/Opinion] Is this computer good for hosting/gaming? - RaGEZONE Forums

If you need anything else it is 250gb hard disk space. :) thanks. My Dad got it for me IMO.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what sever, its not good for WoW,Gunz,MU,L2,SRO

you need more ram, about 2 gigs min

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Maple? Help :/ can macbook rams be used on this? i am pretty sure it can't cuz my macbook has 1 gig so yeah this probably came with 1 gig so...idk how to use it to 1 gig instead of 504mb...gay...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
No, Macbooks RAM are totally different from this. Those are laptops. This is a desktop. You should add more RAM, and should total up with 2GB. The processor is okay.

Reaction score
Less than 512mb of RAM? No that will not be able to host anything well, and will not host most things at all.

2GB RAM is recommended minimum for any hosting and especially gaming PC's nowadays, since they are so cheap.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i cant afford ram :/ my mom said when she gets money she will buy more for me :D

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
YEah ram is Ducking you over big time...the avg computer for gaming holds 2-4gbs at least, and that's not for hosting.
So, yeah...more RAM, and then you got the Upload/Download speed issues as well, which will affect your hosting ability.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
RAM is so friggin cheap. I suppose yours is a PC2-5400/667 kind. For 2GB, it's only like $40? Or lesser.

Back