Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Very tired of ATi

Reaction score
I'm very pissed with this piece of crap. DAMN IT.

Jhewt (AMD/ATi's official forum) said:
Well, first of all i WAS a fan of ATi until this damn card start to overheating. What i did, just nothing than play. I clean it a couple of times, and yes it has work for only 1 month, so i was very pissed to clean it again, so i decided to check the fan speed of this damn card. And yes, it always stays at 29% or 30%. In only five minutes in Crysis or another crappy game like.. hmmm CS 1.6.. it goes easly to 85

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Which card?
I was the opposite, I loved ATI.
When I was stuck with AGP, I loved their X800, then moved onto Sapphire's X1950.
For PCI Though, I still stuck with the HD3870, and I never go above 32 degrees with a 3.0 duo proc.

Reaction score
Maybe you need to re-read the quote xD

Card: MSI RX2600XT Diamond 256 (Yes i know, it Sucks.)

ATi HD 2600XT

And the pc case is opened, i think i've a picture

Jhewt - Very tired of ATi - RaGEZONE Forums

Jhewt - Very tired of ATi - RaGEZONE Forums

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
2000 series was horrible.
That's why.
xD

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Currently wielding an Ati Hd 4850....

The thing is somewhat monstrous and my case isn't too "open", but it has amazing airflow despite the armored appearance that may make one think it's cloistered like an oyster protecting its precious pearl.

I changed the fan speed through a little text file editing and opening a profile each time I restart...

If I don't run this the card can run at nearly 60 degrees Celsius while idle. In games without the manual fan speed adjustment it ran 80...

With the adjustment(no noise addition btw) the idle card runs at 30 degrees. While playing something like Age of Conan(which I quit btw...but nevertheless it is a graphically demanding game) it ran about 50-60 degrees Celsius...usually on the lower side unless I was on for a while.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
yeah... i like nVidia because they make good cards and have very good support... just go to their website, find support section, register/login send your problem and you will get response in like 24h (or even less). Actually i never tried Ati because some of my friends were saying they are just horrible...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
2000 and 4000 series had issues.
My 3870 runs amazingly.

Back