Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Unidentified Network/No internet Access

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Kinda need help, I am my mobile phone currently and I got some problem with my laptop connecting to the internet.

It all happen when this morning I woke up and I was just starting up my cpu.
My wifi couldn't connect to internet and even via wired connection

I call my ISP which is AT&T and they said my laptop setting it fk up.
My laptop is on widows 8.1
I check out the net and it doesn't give any good solution.

Anyone experiencing this problem could share?

I saw things like re-installing win8.1 and what the?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually, Before you even try to re-install 8.1. Try resetting your Modem completely.
For my modem there is a button you must push with a small pin that says reset. After that you just go in your command prompt and type ipconfig, Get your
gateway IP and paste it into your browser and it should bring you to set up your modem again. Now this may vary from modem to modem but hopefully it will fix your issue. *Had a problem like this before.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I forgot to state. It not modem problem. Cause I can connect via phone and other laptops and desktops.

I have Asus Rog win7
Macbook air
Samsung note 3
custom setup desktop 8.1
Alienware 8
And samsung glaxy mega which is not I use. All connect fine except this custom made laptop which only happen this morning, I been connecting it last month or been 5 months.. and today only it occurs.
I really like AT & T support but still they can't look it windows errors. Hm..

Reaction score
It's a windows 8.1 problem, does not work sometimes with some DHCP's for some reason.

Statically set the gateway & IP addresses into your wireless adapter, that should "identify" your network & fix the issue. For DNS just use google - 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 unless you have alternatives.

Network issues are kinda easy to identify, just check your IPconfig details & if you are running off the DHCP you can know exactly what kind of connectivity you have/can get.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's a windows 8.1 problem, does not work sometimes with some DHCP's for some reason.

Statically set the gateway & IP addresses into your wireless adapter, that should "identify" your network & fix the issue. For DNS just use google - 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 unless you have alternatives.

Network issues are kinda easy to identify, just check your IPconfig details & if you are running off the DHCP you can know exactly what kind of connectivity you have/can get.
Really would help if I can get a better explaination.

Reaction score
right click your wifi icon > network sharing > click your connection > select "properties" > select TCP/IP v4 > properties > remove the "obtain IP address automatically" and select "use following IP address"

manually put in your IP address & gateway address (your router) and use those DNS servers i mentioned above.

the DHCP is the service on your router that gives devices their IP addresses. it tells them who it is, and who they will be in the network. the windows diagnostic messages are not cryptic, they are actually telling you EXACTLY what is wrong. This network is not identifiable. So straight away you start looking at the IP addresses & making sure you can actually pick up the gateway which would be giving you it's identify. If it isn't, you manually look for it.

right click your wifi icon > network sharing > click your connection > details

if you choose that instead, it will tell you what your IP address is, and the gateway & DNS servers it can detect. If you see servers missing or not showing what they should, you know something is up.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
right click your wifi icon > network sharing > click your connection > select "properties" > select TCP/IP v4 > properties > remove the "obtain IP address automatically" and select "use following IP address"

manually put in your IP address & gateway address (your router) and use those DNS servers i mentioned above.

the DHCP is the service on your router that gives devices their IP addresses. it tells them who it is, and who they will be in the network. the windows diagnostic messages are not cryptic, they are actually telling you EXACTLY what is wrong. This network is not identifiable. So straight away you start looking at the IP addresses & making sure you can actually pick up the gateway which would be giving you it's identify. If it isn't, you manually look for it.

right click your wifi icon > network sharing > click your connection > details

if you choose that instead, it will tell you what your IP address is, and the gateway & DNS servers it can detect. If you see servers missing or not showing what they should, you know something is up.
Yeah didn't help
I got mad and just Re-install 8.1
It seems to have error with 8.1
Crap

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just get a cracked version of 8 until they figure all the bugs out in 8.1?

Reaction score
Yeah didn't help
I got mad and just Re-install 8.1
It seems to have error with 8.1
Crap

It works with your other devices, you have other devices that run Windows 8.1 and can connect fine. It is specifically a compatibility issue with your laptop, most likely something driver related since it's "custom".

Honestly WiFi / home networking issues are by far the easiest to fix, there are only so many things which can go wrong, and you have the power to control & change all of it. Honestly i would be just paying a tech to look at it if a re-install of Windows 8.1 has not fixed it - No offense but if you have a "custom" PC and a "custom" lappy but don't even know how to statically set a LAN IP address in your PC... there's not alot of troubleshooting you can do yourself, and you should probably be sticking to devices with Microsoft WHQL drivers rather than going the "custom" route.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It works with your other devices, you have other devices that run Windows 8.1 and can connect fine. It is specifically a compatibility issue with your laptop, most likely something driver related since it's "custom".

Honestly WiFi / home networking issues are by far the easiest to fix, there are only so many things which can go wrong, and you have the power to control & change all of it. Honestly i would be just paying a tech to look at it if a re-install of Windows 8.1 has not fixed it - No offense but if you have a "custom" PC and a "custom" lappy but don't even know how to statically set a LAN IP address in your PC... there's not alot of troubleshooting you can do yourself, and you should probably be sticking to devices with Microsoft WHQL drivers rather than going the "custom" route.

Nah I know what you meant. But just maybe you have some other ways I though so.
Its the same way as I did.

Tried eveything.
I guess win 8 is more stable.

This problem ultimately will return. Haiz.. thanks Rishwin.

Reaction score
Ah, well i did hope you knew at least that much :p

To be honest 8.1 still has some issues, i would go back to just plain 8 if you can. My MSI laptop stopped streaming audio through HDMI after getting 8.1, i wold have rolled back if it really bothered me but it doesn't.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ah, well i did hope you knew at least that much :p

To be honest 8.1 still has some issues, i would go back to just plain 8 if you can. My MSI laptop stopped streaming audio through HDMI after getting 8.1, i wold have rolled back if it really bothered me but it doesn't.

I get that too. But I update d some driver and I got it working.

Back