Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What should i upgrade first?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone today right now i have a PC that i bought and now i want to upgrade so far i have 160$ and gonna be having around 200-300$ soon and im wondering what i should upgrade? The pc is decent but i want it to have way better performance in games and as quick as possible in running programs and etc..

The CPU is AMD A4-7300 APU With Radeon HD Graphic 3.8 GHZ Boost Up to 4.0 GHZ With Dual Core

I have a image showing all my specs so far.

CVjfZuA - What should i upgrade first? - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looking at specs I would save more and replace motherboard, CPU, and get a video card. But that's just me :D

That's a FM2 socket motherboard, best processor you can put in it is an A10/6800K which only has an 8760D GPU in it. Which would be a hell of an upgrade for you and only costs around $120. But is still slow.

Add another hard drive, 1Tb will disappear very quickly.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looking at specs I would save more and replace motherboard, CPU, and get a video card. But that's just me :D

That's a FM2 socket motherboard, best processor you can put in it is an A10/6800K which only has an 8760D GPU in it. Which would be a hell of an upgrade for you and only costs around $120. But is still slow.

Add another hard drive, 1Tb will disappear very quickly.

How much will the new processer improve it? And Link me up. Also i don't think it can support another internal hard drive.

Atleast Die Trying...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i would suggest to switch the mobo and apu to an actual seperate cpu and gpu. with $200-$300 that shouldn't be a problem since amd processor's are manageable at that price range, you dont need anything higher than a quad since its the standard for gaming nowadays. A decent mobo could range from what i've seen and search around for $70-100 not that bad. so for $160 i'd say you can get a mobo and cpu. Now the rest of the money you said you were going to have later on could be all used for a gpu.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ok, this section is not made just for you to be lazy and expect everyone to simply search everything for you and link you directly to it. You will have to learn to do some research yourself. No one wants to help someone who isn't willing to try.

Here is the comparison of the 2 processors:

You can Google where to buy it.

A simple Google search of that mobo shows it can support 4 SATA hard drives. Unless they put 4 250 GB hard drives in it, you have plenty of room for expansion.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ok, this section is not made just for you to be lazy and expect everyone to simply search everything for you and link you directly to it. You will have to learn to do some research yourself. No one wants to help someone who isn't willing to try.

Here is the comparison of the 2 processors:

You can Google where to buy it.

A simple Google search of that mobo shows it can support 4 SATA hard drives. Unless they put 4 250 GB hard drives in it, you have plenty of room for expansion.

I wasn't trying to be lazy see iv'e bought the wrong things before and i didn't wanna make the mistake again....

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This was not a request...you were telling me what to do.

Well my bad i was meaning to ask. I respect you. I'm not gonna tell you what to do. I always ask you for pc advice. Thank you for your help.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@Monolith I have a idea that could save me some money and time.

Your 450$ Gaming Rig. Would it be better for me to buy the motherbord:processer:Graphic Card
And use those. Would it be possible for me to use the current 16 GB ram out of my current pc and my tb hard drive and cpu cooler and etc.. Or is it possible for me to use that graphic card and processer in my current pc?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When you do that you run into other problems:

A) I don't know what size your case is, so I don't know what mobo will fit.
B) Prefab computers usually have the cheapest parts available IE: The mobo, power supply, and RAM. RAM should work, don't know what the power of the power supply is, it might not be enough to power the upgrades.
C) Should have just listened to everyone's advice and built your own in the first place. Now you see why everyone offered that advice....

Regardless just adding half of my build will give you 1000% better gaming....based on the GPU alone.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
When you do that you run into other problems:

A) I don't know what size your case is, so I don't know what mobo will fit.
B) Prefab computers usually have the cheapest parts available IE: The mobo, power supply, and RAM. RAM should work, don't know what the power of the power supply is, it might not be enough to power the upgrades.
C) Should have just listened to everyone's advice and built your own in the first place. Now you see why everyone offered that advice....

Regardless just adding half of my build will give you 1000% better gaming....based on the GPU alone.

I would have built my own seesh man calm down. I didn't have a lot of money. i needed something to make more money cause my laptop mess up.

This was the pc i purchase:

Computer Dimensions: 13.86" x 6.89" x 15.26"

I understand why everyone offered that advice i was going through a rough time i just needed something that could get me back to building my files.

quite frankly i was really happy with this pc. And the parts you posted for 450$ gaming rig i just thought in my head i could save money on the hard drive and ram and case cpu cooler and etc... All i mainly need is the mother board and graphic cards and processer i can buy the processer and mother board right now i was just wondering if it would work. So i ask you. I check the power supply and come back and tell you.

And the power supply is Orion Power Supply HP485D which from google searches it tells me its a 485Watts ATX12V

Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That power supply wont run both the FX-6300 (Power hog) and the R9.....so you'll need a new power supply too.

Can you find any numbers or anything on the box itself? Looks to be a micro ATX case not a tower.

The GPU alone requires a minimum of 500W and a constant 12V rail, which means no cheap PSU. Most cheaper ones fluctuate on the rail and you will have blue screens and cannot explain them.

I would recommend saving up a couple of hundred and buying a good Corsair 800+ PSU. It will be powerful enough for any upgrades you throw at it in the future.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That power supply wont run both the FX-6300 (Power hog) and the R9.....so you'll need a new power supply too.

Can you find any numbers or anything on the box itself? Looks to be a micro ATX case not a tower.

The GPU alone requires a minimum of 500W and a constant 12V rail, which means no cheap PSU. Most cheaper ones fluctuate on the rail and you will have blue screens and cannot explain them.

I would recommend saving up a couple of hundred and buying a good Corsair 800+ PSU. It will be powerful enough for any upgrades you throw at it in the future.

Will Do Thank You For Your Help :) So Its best if i save up for this case: Raidmax ATX-295WBP ATX Mid Tower Case w/500W Power Supply and just use the ram and hard drive from my current pc instead of buying the 8 gb ram and tb hard drive

Back