Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

UseNet vs FileHosts

Reaction score
I've been using file hosts for years now (RapidShare before it went poop, then HotFile but now FileServe).

Recently I've been looking in to the usenet. It seems really attractive because I won't have to scour some forum for the download links and hope they aren't offline!

Opinions?

Reaction score
I personally dislike it, but that's because i hate having to install and run several apps just to get something working. I prefer my file hosts / private torrent trackers.

I've only had to install one program called "SABnzbd", which runs in the background and I can access from all over my network by going to x.x.x.x:8080/sabnzbd.

So far the only thing I'm disliking is that with fileserve I can just download from several locations (sharing it with my dad) whereas that's forbidden with AstraWeb.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well it's up to you really. I prefer my private torrent trackers. Usenet is sick if you have a fast internet connection because you'll be getting max speeds most of the time. I find filehosts and torrents much easier though.

Back