Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Visual Web Developer Express/Visual Studio Express 2013 for Web

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a quick question...

You see, I just decided to sign up for an exam in the subject: "Programming dynamic websites with c#". The book I'm following uses Visual Wev Developer Express 2008, as it's a book from 2008. However, I was wondering if Visual Studio Express 2013 for Web is the same concept, just a newer version?

What program should I use for this? I'd appreciate some advice.!

Best regards,
Detox

Last edited by a moderator:
R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'd stick to using 2008 as then you can find exactly what the book is referring too. Where as if you were using 2013 you might find it harder to locate things and how to do specific things thus costing you time.

Couldn't find much regarding comparing the two, but they are fairly different. So I'd best stick to 2008 for this project :):

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I would suggest you 2008 as well why? because when you are trying to learn in c# you can easily follow your book. If you use the latest version you may find it a bit difficult to find many functions in the new version.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I decided to go with Visual Studio. It has all the functions. However, I sometimes switch to the 2013 Web version, as it's more alike the 2008 and therefore easier to follow the book.

Thanks for both of your suggestions though :):

Back