Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Sluggishness Fix

Reaction score
I have noticed after the creators fall update many of my games dropped significant amount of FPS, simply opening and closing windows was a struggle (looked like it had like 10 fps), and I blamed it all on their new thingy in the task manager that watches your GPU usage. But nope, that's not the case. I blamed my pc being old but that couldn't be either, all of a sudden my pc became old? So after some research I found a simple option that you can turn off, and behold, your PC fluid as a butter!

However this is also compromising some of the "security" that Microsoft have enabled for you.

Simply go to your windows defender security center -> app & browser control -> scroll all the way down to "exploit protection" and click "exploit protection settings" and the first option there Control Flow Guard(CFG) turn it to "off by default". Restart your PC.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
youre not just compromising 'some' of your OS its security with this you leave yourself pretty wide open for exploitation actually.
Is it used currently in the wild? i cant say but i would never suggest turning this off.

some reading food bout this subject.

also running W10 pro here on a I5-6500 with a amd rx480 and didnt notice any of the issues you mention.

Reaction score
youre not just compromising 'some' of your OS its security with this you leave yourself pretty wide open for exploitation actually.
Is it used currently in the wild? i cant say but i would never suggest turning this off.

some reading food bout this subject.

also running W10 pro here on a I5-6500 with a amd rx480 and didnt notice any of the issues you mention.

Depends on your PC. And as for exploitation I doubt anyone wants to exploit your home PC. There's not much to gain from that. Also CFG can be bypassed fairly easy if someone really wants to. You can search on youtube you will find several hackers doing it. So I say to me the performance drop in trade for security is not worth it. I'd rather be out there exploitable but use my PC as it was intended then being "secure" from a "potential attack" that might never happen.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Hmm i didn't really like the creators update. It makes my system have so many errors. Performance Issues,BSOD, so on. I honestly went back to the anniversary update. And i'm quite happy with it. No more crashes, No More performance issues and my games run pretty smooth. I thought the creators update had some nice new features but i'm not compromising my pc performance for a new OS that i won't use 90% of the new features.

Specs: FX 8350 with amd rx 580.

Reaction score
Depends on your PC. And as for exploitation I doubt anyone wants to exploit your home PC. There's not much to gain from that.
What a completely Ducking retarded statement. There's plenty to gain from gaining access to someones PC, including but not limited to; passwords, bank details, credit cards, debit cards, paypal information, personal information (social security numbers, phone numbers, etc.) and a duck ton more.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I am having issues updating to the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update in one of my pcs. The pc is less than 6 months old and meets all the requirements for it but, it is stuck at 45% then reboots back to version 1703. I have explored all options from many forums trying to get this update done but, no success. Any ideas on how I can either bypass the update or possibly get the update done on this pc? I would greatly appreciate any help. I am sick and tired of it trying to auto update and then having to come back to a pc that has to be rebooted in order to recover version 1703 with loss of files and emails, etc... Over 30 tries trying to update.

Back