Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Windows 10 - Your Impressions

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Point for Microsoft to all of these, besides with the initiative of free Windows to who have 8.1, 7, etc.

Loving this part...and to extend the topic...this means ANYONE legit or not gets Windows 10 for free for one year. I was surprised by the fact they are even offering it to pirated copies...so I'm waiting for a hit down the line....there has to be a catch somewhere.

Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Loving this part...and to extend the topic...this means ANYONE legit or not gets Windows 10 for free for one year. I was surprised by the fact they are even offering it to pirated copies...so I'm waiting for a hit down the line....there has to be a catch somewhere.
After a year , profits will have a sudden increase. Why? You can guess ;)

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
If theyre gonna push windows 10 with updates with new content that actually is important, it'll eventually work out, programs that only run on W10 for example that connects with another pc feature then you talk about alot larger base of ppl if they just give W10 out for free

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
After a year , profits will have a sudden increase. Why? You can guess ;)

My guess is Windows 10 SP1 with all the fixes and improvements they do for the next year will cost $300 US :)

Reaction score
Question, how did you push the windows 10 update? I need it on another laptop

You don't. It is being pushed out in waves, regardless of how important your device is to you. This is so they can provide a stable upgrade service which doesn't bottle it halfway through. It was never going to be everyone day 1 release.

Reactions: Ben
Reaction score
You don't. It is being pushed out in waves, regardless of how important your device is to you. This is so they can provide a stable upgrade service which doesn't bottle it halfway through. It was never going to be everyone day 1 release.

I've actually used this:

Working flawlessly, with updates, and it was automatically activated by M$ (because of my reservation).
whoami1995

-------------------------------------------------
Has anyone else tried Xbox One Streaming feature? How did it went for you? It was working fine through wifi yesterday (Laptop on wifi, Xbox on cable), but it isn't like that anymore, possibly my router tho.

Still, as I stated above, the Windows 10 for me is awesome. No problems so far with anything, there's a few stuff that actually freeze-up sometimes but overall it's great.

Reactions: Ben

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Yea so far i dont see anything left i miss except for knowing how to make more subcategories in the start screen.
Droppy did that external download wiped anything off your computer? as a friend of mine doesn't even have the reservation icon yet.

Reaction score
Yea so far i dont see anything left i miss except for knowing how to make more subcategories in the start screen.
Droppy did that external download wiped anything off your computer? as a friend of mine doesn't even have the reservation icon yet.

No, nothing was wiped down (since I've configured it to it). Tell him to try updating for latest windows!

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Microsoft is a very clever company :)

windows xp - stable
windows vista - poop
windows 7 - stable
windows 8/8.1 - poop
windows 10 - your choice

anyway most of the application that actually is working on windows 7 has issues running on 8.1 and 10 is based off 8.1 so I dont know what is happening.
Why was Windows 8.1 poop? With Classic Shell it was faster than Windows 7 and had less bugs than Windows 7. The start menu poop was atrocious but I never even used that.

So I've been using this for two days, glad I upgraded but hopeful a few updates will fix the problems.

By the way your key is locked to your hardware. As soon as you update your motherboard or some poop you will need to buy a new key (As Reddit has determined).

Off course if you are going to upgrade do it within a year before the free upgrade for one year poop ends because you can just do a fresh install of 7/8.1 and upgrade again.

Reaction score
Why was Windows 8.1 poop? With Classic Shell it was faster than Windows 7 and had less bugs than Windows 7. The start menu poop was atrocious but I never even used that.

So I've been using this for two days, glad I upgraded but hopeful a few updates will fix the problems.

By the way your key is locked to your hardware. As soon as you update your motherboard or some poop you will need to buy a new key (As Reddit has determined).

Off course if you are going to upgrade do it within a year before the free upgrade for one year poop ends because you can just do a fresh install of 7/8.1 and upgrade again.

ClassicShell never worked well for me, always freezing. I did, however, learned how to use the Metro, because when you get how it works, it all turns out to be easy. W10 is FAR the better windows so far (in my opinion at least).

It's stable, have great communication with other devices, has a great desktop ui and easy customization, and much else.

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was fine with it until I learned my antivirus had been turned off by it. By the time I worked this out and turned it on my laptop had already been filled with tracking cookies.

It's slower logging on for me now. Used to be no more then 15 seconds from turning on to being fully logged in and on chrome. Now it's about 30 seconds. The first window I open then minimize will have a black flash every time I minimize it. It also keeps turning off my Dolby sound management lowering my sound quality.

I recommend to anyone wanting to update, hold off a week or so, in my opinion it's a little buggy and can do with a bit of fixing. So lets give Microsoft some time. Also edge runs just as fast as chrome for me, just missing my chrome adding :(

Side note; Minecraft Windows 10 BETA = Horrible. I regret not listening to MrSpooks and not installing it.

Last edited:
Loyalty
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I was fine with it until I learned my antivirus had been turned off by it. By the time I worked this out and turned it on my laptop had already been filled with tracking cookies.

It's slower logging on for me now. Used to be no more then 15 seconds from turning on to being fully logged in and on chrome. Now it's about 30 seconds. The first window I open then minimize will have a black flash every time I minimize it. It also keeps turning off my Dolby sound management lowering my sound quality.

I recommend to anyone wanting to update, hold off a week or so, in my opinion it's a little buggy and can do with a bit of fixing. So lets give Microsoft some time. Also edge runs just as fast as chrome for me, just missing my chrome adding :(

Side note; Minecraft Windows 10 BETA = Horrible. I regret not listening to MrSpooks and not installing it.

Tell me about it , I don't have anti virus on my windows anymore =.='Had to redownload it back. Also , welcome back amigo :)

ส็็็็็็็
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think Windows disabled it in favour of Windows Defender, which amazingly is pretty good. That coupled with Malwarebytes will give you a good combo. I use Avast + MBAM but I am considering to use Defender.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score

Windows 10 is based of 8.1 with kernel and user changes :) if you realized I think they killed it to be honest. certain application that worked on Windows 7 isn't running on 8.1 and 10 your best bet is to use a VM

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
So far all my tools still work so havnt really had any problems, i just hope it stays so when w10 hits my development laptop :) else its gonna be crappy but i guess cuz Mvs is from microsoft too itll work just fine

Reaction score
Windows 10 is based of 8.1 with kernel and user changes :) if you realized I think they killed it to be honest. certain application that worked on Windows 7 isn't running on 8.1 and 10 your best bet is to use a VM

So far everything I've had in Windows 7 worked on 10 too with some minor exceptions where the app only worked with administrator rights

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I find windows 10 as if they took windows 8.1 and tried to stuff windows 7 in it. I think it ended up pretty good, but when I read that windows 10 is their last OS. (no windows 11 or anything else) it sorta got me thinking... I know they are working on a new update called redstone for windows 10, so basically big updates instead of new os now. Hopefully they don't like.... make windows downloadable content for $$

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've had a few games that are having mouse icon issues in full screen. And when you resize the desktop icons the padding doesn't update correctly...but that's about it.

Back