Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Windows 10 Spying (Has Got Serious)

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Windows 10 Spying. Has got way to serious lately. Now Microsoft is installing apps on your PC without you knowing games like candy crush saga etc... And every time your system updates all your settings go back to default without you knowing so they can steal more data. There is a few discussions going on with this. I just think this is going way to far. I know we have a choice to disable it with software and etc.. But i just feel like Microsoft is now taking this way to far forcing app's on our PC. Post your thoughts about this.

P.S i have no idea if this is for the right section or not :p

Barnacules Nerdgasm Talks About It. (Gives More Information Then Me)

Here Is How To Disable It. I use some of Barnacules Nerdgasm Software As Well:

Last edited:
Reaction score
At this point it's quite honestly pointless to combat this without a class-action lawsuit or some sort of legal battle considering Microsoft are adding new servers to the list of data-collection servers constantly so it's just quite honestly ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft got slapped with one of the biggest fines in history, even though the organisations they sell our data to will try and protect them.

Windows 10 is the biggest piece of spyware in the 21st century.

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Hence why I stay with Win 7 Pro and let my friends laugh about me... Hope support for it wont be dropped any time soon. Also hope these kind of updates don't as well. But hey, aint even got these fancy useless Apps, so chances are slim (luckily).

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
The only reason i like windows 10 was for direct x 12 and its speed and performance and driver updates. But other then that i don't really like it that much. As its buggy and crashes like hell.... But the spying issue was sent way out of control i understand that even most phone companies do it to this today. But i feel like our PC's should be our machine but it don't feel like that anymore if were getting app's forced on our PC and there stealing data from us. Example i had 4 games installed on my pc when i installed the anniversary update on my machine. I know there is software to disable them from stealing our data. But the one point of this. Is they shouldn't be doing it in the first place as NoBrain said its a spyware OS.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
My PC forced me to update windows 10 and I love it do not see anything that's "spying" on my system.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
My PC forced me to update windows 10 and I love it do not see anything that's "spying" on my system.

Of course you just wont be able to see it. It will take time to find it. I showed both videos on how they are doing it.

And with each OS update all the settings restore to default and they get better at hiding it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The only reason I still use Windows on my main rig is to play games. The number of compatible games for Linux is rising rapidly though so I don't think it will be too long before we see all new games being released for Linux. When this happens, it will be goodbye Windows for me!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yes you are right this is a major problem with windows 10 everyday we get updates and we need to update our system. sometimes some apps installed by their own and this is really not a good thing.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I switched back to Windows 7 because of this poop.

I ain't going back.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Yes you are right this is a major problem with windows 10 everyday we get updates and we need to update our system. sometimes some apps installed by their own and this is really not a good thing.

Hate it. Even random games from the app store started installing on my pc -_-

I switched back to Windows 7 because of this poop.

I ain't going back.

Understandable. I respect your decision.

The only reason I still use Windows on my main rig is to play games. The number of compatible games for Linux is rising rapidly though so I don't think it will be too long before we see all new games being released for Linux. When this happens, it will be goodbye Windows for me!

I'm waiting for more game support for linux and then i'm making the change. as i do love windows but things are being take to far.

Back