Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exploring The World
Reaction score
wew are out of you mind sir immortal windows 7 is great but when the windows 8 will come i will buy some if they release it in the near future hehehe

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Keep releasing them this quickly and be surprised how much they get pirated.

Chaos Is Here
Reaction score
why do they gotta keep releasing crappy operating systems like windows vista and windows 7, they are all the same thing.

Reaction score
I really doubt any of this is valid information, there were so many rumors floating around the net at the beginning of development for windows 7. Seems as if Microsoft is just using windows as a new money making scheme releasing a new os, every year or so.

Atleast Die Trying...
Reaction score
Wow i love how they move on like everything they created was old in a day but oh well its their choice all i know is after buying windows 7 premium ima go torrent windows 8 XD Anyone Agree?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
They are updating faster and faster and my opinion worse and worse. It's getting like Habbo.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Windows isn't "Crap" ... They just release
1. Too often
2. Too soon

but their doing this just for money,
Windows Vista was crap, it just was
Windows 7 is good, wish it was faster, 96% of us dont give a poop about aero, if it makes out computer 20x Slower
Windows 8, will follow the pattern, it'll be good, but not the next big thing..
OSX is taking off, (finnally) because apple is full of Jews (not to be racist, but its ironic)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wow i love how they move on like everything they created was old in a day but oh well its their choice all i know is after buying windows 7 premium ima go torrent windows 8 XD Anyone Agree?

You can't

Roumers have it, Windows 8 will be the first "Internet Activation OS" (You can't use it till you activate it over the net) This one isn't added onto the OS like a piggy back, step one, Activation,
Though my personal view i that someone is gonna hack it, and presto, there goes another one...

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Windows 98 - poop
Windows 2000 - Good
Windows ME - poop
Windows XP - good
Vista - poop
Windows 7 - good
Windows 8 - see the pattern?

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Sounds about the right timeframe, so i'd say even if it isnt a legit advert its about the right date. windows 7 they finally realised what people want from an OS (limited impact) if they can keep that up for windows 8 i'll be happy enough to purchase it.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Ah man. In roughly 2 years, Microsoft will release their next OS... Just got Win 7 on a laptop that I bought. I'm not impressed with the hardware requirements, I hope they work on that in the future and as Sifex wrote, 96% (perhaps not the real number, but leave it there) don't really give a poop about Aero.

I think I'm sticking to my lovely Linux distro's for a while.

Subscriber and Mod!
Reaction score
Windows 98 - poop
Windows 2000 - Good
Windows ME - poop
Windows XP - good
Vista - poop
Windows 7 - good

Yeah that's what I said but Windows 98 was actually pretty good compared to 95 but the order starts from Windows 2000

Ginger by design.
Reaction score
That pattern has a really obvious driving principle behind it. It's not just "every other release sucks."

That can be seen by realizing that vista and 7 are basically the same OS. What happened is that they fixed the poop in vista people hated, released it FREE TO USE for a year, and let people test 7, giving people a full year to port drivers, software to it, and get used to it. During that period, they did shitloads of bugfixes, they took advice and what people liked and disliked into consideration for the RTM. THATS what turned vista into 7.

If they don't release a half-baked operating system in windows 8, they'll be fine. If it's going to come out in 2012, it's most likely not going to be good. It'll need to be at least 2014. There are some areas they really need to work on, and one of those is completely revamping explorer.exe. It's better in 7 than in XP but its still poop. There are plenty of things to improve, and if they improved them all and added further optimizations and improvements to the kernel, it could be awesome.

One thing I'd really like to see added are the equivalent of 'tmpfs' mounts in linux. Basically you take a chunk of your memory and the system treats it like a local directory, files written to and read from it are actually stored in memory.

Reaction score
Windows 98 - poop
Windows 2000 - Good
Windows ME - poop
Windows XP - good
Vista - poop
Windows 7 - good

i'm not totaly agree with u

Windows 98 - good
Windows 98 Sec - Good
Windows 2000 - Good
Windows ME - poop
Windows XP - good
Vista - poop
Vista Sp2 - Fine. but not 100% good
Windows 7 - good

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I say we all write down on two cups

Good & poop

Then we let Paul the octopus choose.

Atleast Die Trying...
Reaction score
well atleast its not like mac with there 2 hours updates... no point for paying each one if they come out each week but as for windows it might be useful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back