Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've watched the whole 32 mins video and all I can say is that there's no point for buying this unless you got a tablet or touch screen, cuz u'll miss all the fun.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Well i would'f find more in Windows 8 but it's what i see at Apple since it's tablet and i don't see why they'd remove the explorer if it's still gonna look the same eitherway the interface is nice.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
jyap1021 - Windows 8 - RaGEZONE Forums

I've used the windows 8 developer preview.. it's crappy.

(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
jyap1021 - Windows 8 - RaGEZONE Forums

I've used the windows 8 developer preview.. it's crappy.

I am sorry sir but you are stupid.

Windows 8 is somewhat same as windows 7 except it has some functionality for tablets, thats why you see new start menu. Also about picture. You can have freely re/sizeable windows.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Windows 8 has almost the same kernel as Windows 7 , even methods to find KPCR that are suppose to be unqiue to Win7 work on Win8,

Additionally the new startmenu (that boxy thing above) is horrible. otherwise its Just Win7 with extra crap added. such as your computer user account is your MSN Hotmail/Live account (if you have internet access).

There is a bunch more I could go on about but its best left, how ever Microsoft said they are changing the memory footprint of Win8 so this is likely to make a drastic change to the kernel. hopefully for the better.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Windows 8 has almost the same kernel as Windows 7 , even methods to find KPCR that are suppose to be unqiue to Win7 work on Win8,

Additionally the new startmenu (that boxy thing above) is horrible. otherwise its Just Win7 with extra crap added. such as your computer user account is your MSN Hotmail/Live account (if you have internet access).

There is a bunch more I could go on about but its best left, how ever Microsoft said they are changing the memory footprint of Win8 so this is likely to make a drastic change to the kernel. hopefully for the better.

This is an OS built for Tablet PC's with Apps etc. The logging on with hotmail accounts can be disabled, when you install the OS you can choose to have a local account as a pose to an online synced account.

(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What ever you people say. I have been using it since public developer preview came out.
Everything that worked for win7 works on win8. I guess microsoft will include desktop and tablet versions so maybe desktop users will have old start menu. Even if they don't, I still like it.

So piss off :rolleyes:

P.S. Weren't people complaining about vista -> 7 changes too?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am sorry sir but you are stupid.

Windows 8 is somewhat same as windows 7 except it has some functionality for tablets, thats why you see new start menu. Also about picture. You can have freely re/sizeable windows.

Yes I know you can have those, the touch version of it sucks though when used with mouse, since it includes both of them and happens to be the first one active, guess it will be cool with a touchscreen?

Reaction score
Bump

Consumer Preview coming out tonight about 4 hours.

Mobile World Congress 2012 is on in Barcelona at the moment, there is a 3pm session called "Microsoft Windows 8 Consumer Preview".

Supposedly being released then.

Reaction score
Metro is genius.. for tables and touchscreens. I'm looking forward to how they handled it on pcs and notebook(without huge touchpad).

Well there are already touch screen monitors that are Win7 compatible, so I'd imagine it would use similar if not the exact same technology.

I don't really care how much they optimize Metro for desktops tbh. If it doesn't support the traditional desktop view then I don't want it. I just hope they won't force users to use metro in future versions of windows.

I understand metro on tablets, but it should be a "Windows 8 Mobile" edition instead of being packaged as a default feature tbh. Windows 8 Home, Professional, Ultimate, and Mobile with metro. My bad if thats how they are going to sell it, I'm not really keeping up with Win8.

Reaction score
Well there are already touch screen monitors that are Win7 compatible, so I'd imagine it would use similar if not the exact same technology.
W7 was never made for touchscreen, it's faaaaaaar faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar from touch friendly, unlike W8.

I don't really care how much they optimize Metro for desktops tbh. If it doesn't support the traditional desktop view then I don't want it. I just hope they won't force users to use metro in future versions of windows.
Huh? You can get to the tradition desktop view with a press of a button..

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
2012 <- still using Windows XP , still has performance , all new and old software running just fine , and my video card doesn't support DX10 or 11 , so obviously I don't need to update either.

You should upgrade before 2014, that is the end of support and upgrades for XP by Microsoft I believe =D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back