Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Windows 9

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Its not like they can do all of that in just w8 updates.
why call it w9 ?

My thoughts exactly...if they were charging for it I would understand...more money...but for free? Why?

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Maybe they want get rid of windows 8 bad image?no matter how much they fix, Windows 8 release was a disaster.

Puck Ultimate - Windows 9 - RaGEZONE Forums

There's a small amount of people that swear Windows 8 is the greatest OS made to date.....

I'm not one of them.....

• ♠️​ ♦️ ♣️ ​♥️ •
Reaction score
There's a small amount of people that swear Windows 8 is the greatest OS made to date.....

I'm not one of them.....

There was a small amount of people who are still using Vista, too.

In fact, Windows 8 was just a beta for Windows 9 as Vista was a beta for Windows 7. As always, every 2nd OS is worth to install.

Reaction score
Its not like they can do all of that in just w8 updates.
why call it w9 ?

My thoughts exactly...if they were charging for it I would understand...more money...but for free? Why?
Maybe start reading my posts. I already explained the reason before they announced the update was free. It's all about reputation/image.

Also Windows 8 is the best OS ever made, it's absolutely fantastic on touch devices, using a Surface Pro all the time. On top of that, the OS really is well made.

People need to stop crying, and start using it.

I mean seriously, with so much desktop space, so much taskbar space, why are you still crying about the start menu? This is not 2000 when every game had it's own folder in start menu etc. So many things are grouped so that you don't need that many icons, making the desktop more than enough to handle just about anything.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
People need to stop crying, and start using it.

Well it turned out to be a big enough deal that MS released 8.1 and gave some sort of a start menu back....I mean if you make something for the public and the public is not happy with it you have 2 choices...change to accommodate the majority or lose money on future sales.

Now as for using it...I have been. After our last conversation about MS I decided you were right....I had not spent enough time on it and no time on 8.1 to make a truly educated opinion....so I installed 8.1 as a dual OS install on a new SSD I went and picked up specifically for it (Win 7 on my old spin drive) and I have been using it for about a week now.

I'm not ready to completely decide yet, but the only problem I'm having so far is the newest version of Nvidia's drivers make 8.1 BSOD...it's a known issue and both companies are pointing their fingers at each other and it's getting fixed slowly...

Outside of that..I never use the Metro screen...I tried to use it but they do not allow you to customize it easily enough by yourself...you can't even right click and change the name of shortcuts you put there...you have to go into the folder and change them manually...don't understand that.

But I'm ok with it just using the desktop...doesn't feel that much different than 7...outside of things being quicker due to the SSD...

Reaction score
MS did jack poop to the start menu. The only thing they did was go from pressing the very bottom left corner pixel, to a big button. That's it, nothing else has changed. I mean seriously that's it, that 1 pixel (or was it 2x2 pixel?) just changed into a bigger button.

If drivers mess up, just go to a previous version. Either way it's not an issue with Windows, it's an Nvidia issue, they simply released crappy drivers. It happens.

Metro is poop on a none touch PC, no reason to use it at all. Especially not if you consider you have desktop where you can put all the shortcuts you want.. If you still want a start menu, check something like Start 8 or Classic Shell.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I like how they integrated Metro into the start menu...looks awesome.

I especially like the multiple desktops with the windows snaps....although the snaps might get annoying if it's not customizable.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well the Windows 10 technical preview is available for download...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It seems like every 2 versions is good but really, it's not been long since windows 8, I imagine if they put a few more years into it it could be the best of the best and last for years

Reaction score
I would name the version "Windows Nine" to avoid that issue, rather than confuse the world for some stupid technical reason, blaming the developers of all people for the confusion... The developers made microsoft- people go with windows without a second thought because their favorite programs work on windows- usually ONLY on windows.

I've used Linux for years now, and I think from time to time of buying a windows 8 laptop. I'd rather have a mac, but windows 8 offers a better price point, and much more options. Metro detours me, and I've tried it on a non-touch device, but really, Gnome 3 on Fedora is fast and perfect for me.

Windows 9/10 or w/e they decide to call it seems more attractive, with features that lure me in such as workspaces and what-not. I hope Linux comes out with something more touch-friendly sooner than the next windows comes out, or I might have to try Windows again..

The reason I switched to Linux in the first place was for obvious security flaws in XP, the sloppiness and speed-decay of antivirus software, Avast quit offering boot-scans for free, and Windows Vista sucked. I did like Windows 7 but never bought one.. Linux is free, and much better than windows imo.. Linux flavors simply need to get with the times, as they are falling behind when 7-8 years ago linux was far ahead of the desktop OS game.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Back