Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wins\script.dll

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'm scanning with AVG Internet Secturity for the first time (i cracked it today) and i got this, i'm not really sure what to do, since it's in the system32 folder.

Illusion - C:\WINDOWS\system32\wins\script.dll - RaGEZONE Forums

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
viruses install themselves there because people wont delete them...

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yeah, exactly. Most users know that the Windows and System32 folders contain sensitive files, and thus don't touch it.

Anyway, it's safe to delete it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Im sure if you google, you can also find a specific list of DLL's that are suppose to be in there for people who don't know and are new to it so they don't delete something that's very sensitive.

Reaction score
Im sure if you google, you can also find a specific list of DLL's that are suppose to be in there for people who don't know and are new to it so they don't delete something that's very sensitive.

Script.dll actually is a Windows file, the problem is that viruses disguise themselves as files which ARE supposed to be there. r=Rule of thumb: if AVG picks it up then it's probably not legit :p

Back