Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Alien Invasion (fast) =d

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Aliencraf-above-city scene i did tonight.. Took kind of 1 hour total and some more 20 minutes to render.. :)

ScreamingFox - Alien Invasion (fast) =d - RaGEZONE Forums

(3dsMax+VRay+Photoshop)

Edit: Other Posts

A little quick play with some internet flares xd

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wonderful work, with a few exceptions

- You applied too much "grain" to the image.
- Hence you don't need any Grain at all. If it looks that bad rendered, you can always use Photoshop to re-touch it and make it look much better without Grains.
- The space ship's front looks more like a brick wall than a ship.
- On the last part of the skyscrapers you can clearly see it's just a 2D layer. If it's not then it certainly looks like it.

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Its 3d, it would be harder if the buildings were 2d :).. But the helicopters are 2d (cardboard/sprites)

The 'grain' occurs because of some atmospheric effects.. I could set it to be clean but it would dramatically increase the render times.. I would like it without grain also really.. But I had not the patience at the moment to wait for a lengthy render..

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I like how you did the "old picture" effects !

But the alien spaceship looks like a big rock, you may want to change the outer shape of it.

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Some dude (a friend's cousin (he is not bloodily related, but their moms, as powerful matriarchs, are friends, so by the grace of their mothers, they call each other 'cousins')) wants me to make an Album (CD/Vinyl audio) cover like this image.. It is about a 'crazed city'.. XD.. He liked my 'artistic direction' on this one (i am extremely annoying to artists (every kind) when they are doing stuff for games or little videos that i am involved XDD.. But i always explain why and how the things are wrong.. They usually understand it =D..)

But i will add some more 'craziness' like an giant stoned dude trowing giant stones, an evil giant lizard, fireballs and some weird 'lsd-like' craze like some evil butterflies and stuff..

But i don't know yet what i will be doing for this scene XD.. It will be a different scene altogether.. But it will have the same angle and lighting conditions..

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
you're hired mostly everywhere cuz you rock! your work isnt easy infront of our eyes, maybe in yours because you're the one who is doing it and you got to it.

you can sell work for people, you better start thinking about that, you'll get a fortune!

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score

I am improving.. I took some Performance Philosophy classes with the CourageWolf.. XDD..

I got to recite a certain vedic hymn every morning and evening for 6 months, so i will get the mystical powers (of learning).. But it is very hard because i kind of skip one morning or evening once in a while XD..

GFX Maniac
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I like this one :D

It felt kinda weird to my eye at first as it was too monochromatic (i somehow end up going to monochromatic pics in almost everything I make, but this feels like there's only 2 tones... maybe a gradient map w/e) but after a second look it looked really nice.

I agree with mucski with the grain part, but I don't see how the buildings look 2D.

Off-topic: working with clients who dont know what they are doing is worse... I once worked on a freelance project and didnt get the winning result (it was a competition) because the client wanted the most most dated website ever. I tried explaining some new styles (mainly flat and paralax) and how they work better than the other ones but he still wouldnt listen.
The winner had a 10 min work on PS and won...

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I am improving.. I took some Performance Philosophy classes with the CourageWolf.. XDD..

I got to recite a certain vedic hymn every morning and evening for 6 months, so i will get the mystical powers (of learning).. But it is very hard because i kind of skip one morning or evening once in a while XD..

Everybody can see that you're improving a lot!
But trust me? in a point of time when you get somewhere, you'll be something BIG.

Back