Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

I Am So Tired of Color'd Pencils...

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
.... but I am even more tired at looking at my ugly face.

Self Portrait Progress (3 Hours-ish):

Averaging about 30-40 layers of color'd pencil per area.

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You got a dirty desk :p

Damn that looks awesome.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
nice job, but dont you think the shades of beige would be better for the arm and face? (instead of yellow)

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
nice job, but dont you think the shades of beige would be better for the arm and face? (instead of yellow)
This piece (and the two pieces that will follow it) are meant to be taken as expressive in color and realistic in proportion and shape. The triptych (set of three pieces of artwork) is supposed to show different mental states. As this one is "curiosity" I wanted to show a broad change in color shifting from yellows to greens to blues to purples.

Using a broad range of colors captures the idea of curiosity much more in my honest opinion.

Will update thread when I finish, all I have left is the eye line and above.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Bad colors scheme, try to choose simple/close colors as example blue, from lightest blue to darkest blue it'll be good.

But in rendering/drawing.. you got a nice hand drawing so keep up.

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Bad colors scheme, try to choose simple/close colors as example blue, from lightest blue to darkest blue it'll be good.

But in rendering/drawing.. you got a nice hand drawing so keep up.
I greatly disagree, the piece is unique because of my color choices, as I said above your post, the colors are picked like that on purpose (it isn't supposed to be an idealized shade).

Last edited:

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well, the hair doe...

Reaction score
Looks nice. I like the colours they work well together, probably because they don't seem to throw the piece off. The only problem I have is that the inside of the arm (where the arm is bending from) looks weird through my eyes. The forearm and palm look too large in proportion to the upper arm (bicep/tricep area). Other than that I don't see anything wrong with this piece so far.

Back