Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Butterfly Bridge (Large-ish Art)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hey, not posted in a while... unfortunately I didn't know about GOTF so I just missed out on being able to enter.. I shall next time definitely! This was originally going to be a sig, but when I realised that the GOTF entry was closed yesterday I thought I'd do it as a large art.

Stock I used:

Outcome:

I5y42mf - Butterfly Bridge (Large-ish Art) - RaGEZONE Forums

Outcome 2 (after cnc):

FEqhdWf - Butterfly Bridge (Large-ish Art) - RaGEZONE Forums

CNC? :) (BTW, I am working on shadowing, I haven't gone into too much detail on here with the shadows because I didn't want to ruin it with a crappy placed shadow.. I shall add them when I know what I'm doing more confidently:))

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score
IMO:
- the butterflies dont really flow with the image. To me, they looks like stickers placed on a background image. The shadowing may definitely fix that.
- the blurring done is too much. Areas, like the road pathway and trees near it, should be less blurred compared to the rest of the background
- text looks really plain. It needs to have a border and a shadow effect (it looks like you have these effects, but the letter "B" in "Butterfly" shows not). The color is fine for the text, but maybe try two different colors? A light color of red, blue, green, yellow, etc and white colored text would maybe look nice. Maybe put the text "Bridge" under "Butterfly" and slightly moved to the right
- those white blurred circle-like smudge trail doesnt look really good. Maybe move the blue butterfly above this smudged trail and add more of the tiny trails to all the butterflies
- the bottom border might be smaller than the other sides. Try making the border 1-2 px as well.

Its a nice nature image. The main problem is probably the blurring. Lower the amount done and with some other changes, it might look better. (6.5/10)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
IMO:
- the butterflies dont really flow with the image. To me, they looks like stickers placed on a background image. The shadowing may definitely fix that.
- the blurring done is too much. Areas, like the road pathway and trees near it, should be less blurred compared to the rest of the background
- text looks really plain. It needs to have a border and a shadow effect (it looks like you have these effects, but the letter "B" in "Butterfly" shows not). The color is fine for the text, but maybe try two different colors? A light color of red, blue, green, yellow, etc and white colored text would maybe look nice. Maybe put the text "Bridge" under "Butterfly" and slightly moved to the right
- those white blurred circle-like smudge trail doesnt look really good. Maybe move the blue butterfly above this smudged trail and add more of the tiny trails to all the butterflies
- the bottom border might be smaller than the other sides. Try making the border 1-2 px as well.

Its a nice nature image. The main problem is probably the blurring. Lower the amount done and with some other changes, it might look better. (6.5/10)

This is why I love Ragezone. When I get home tomorrow from College I'll do all the things you've suggested and see the outcome then :) Cheers mate appreciate the feedback - much rather be told how to improve than "It's wank" haha! :D

Reaction score
Personally I don't see anything wrong with it. I love it, looks great to me. The text is perfect, the white dots flow with the butterflies, the border actually works instead of ruining the image. It's cool and I dig it. Nice job, simplicity is fine.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Cheers iamgurb. btw I did the changes... tell me what you think now (updated thread with new image)

Again, done further editing and changed the text (this is now going to be used for my aunties charity page :)) http://i.imgur.com/5DOKLcz.jpg
5DOKLcz - Butterfly Bridge (Large-ish Art) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think it looks great, although I'm not to big of a fan when it comes to the choice of font and text effects. You've blended them nicely in your last update, but I think you could still sharpen the important part of the background, so it looks less blurry. Such as the path and the cave.

But nicely done, indeed.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Cheers iamgurb. btw I did the changes... tell me what you think now (updated thread with new image)

Again, done further editing and changed the text (this is now going to be used for my aunties charity page :))
5DOKLcz - Butterfly Bridge (Large-ish Art) - RaGEZONE Forums

IMO:
- there are some blur white dots near the bottom that are not needed; they arent near any butterflies
- the butterflies still look as if they were stickers. Try and see if you can blend them in more. Drop shadows are needed
- the area where "butterflies babies" text was is a better spot to place the new text. It looks stamped in the middle and thats not the focus in the image
- try using a dark gray border and see if that looks better (maybe a dark green border)

Other than that, this looks a lot better than the first one. The butterflies needs work and text needs to be moved, but good job (7.5/10)

Attachments

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
IMO:
- there are some blur white dots near the bottom that are not needed; they arent near any butterflies
- the butterflies still look as if they were stickers. Try and see if you can blend them in more. Drop shadows are needed
- the area where "butterflies babies" text was is a better spot to place the new text. It looks stamped in the middle and thats not the focus in the image
- try using a dark gray border and see if that looks better (maybe a dark green border)

Other than that, this looks a lot better than the first one. The butterflies needs work and text needs to be moved, but good job (7.5/10)

Alright, I'll update thread within next few days when I get chance to work on it:) - if the next time I do it and the butterflies still look like stickers, would you mind taking a look at the psd and try adding them in for me? I can learn from that if you do :)

Back