Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Asking a for a good Camera.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I haven't asked anything from my parents ever since Grade School and I was planning to use this opportunity this upcoming new year or probably my next Birthday to ask them to buy me a Nikon Camera, probably for photo shooting or just personal portfolio shots.

I'm not yet familiar with Photography but I liked seeing quality shoots and perfect sceneries, and I'm pretty much appreciative when it comes to the coloring and such. Anyways I'll have to categorize myself as a Beginner, I haven't yet had a camera ever since. But please tell me what could be a good Camera and affordable for starters. If there is an alternative for Nikon cams, And also do give me some samples.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here are some good cameras , both cheap and usable for photography. The link also contains reviews and prices , also where to buy it at that price.

Low Range(budget)

Mid Range(budget)

High Range(budget)

Best Compact Cameras

Best Budget Digital Slr

Best Mid Range Digital Slr Cameras

Best High-end Digital SLR Cameras

What is SLR?
Digital single-lens reflex cameras (also called digital SLR or DSLR) are digital cameras combining the optics and the mechanisms of a single-lens reflex camera with a digital imaging sensor, as opposed to photographic film. The reflex design scheme is the primary difference between a DSLR and other digital cameras. In the reflex design, light travels through the lens, then to a mirror that alternates to send the image to either the viewfinder or the image sensor. The alternative would be to have a viewfinder with its own lens, hence the term "single lens" for this design. By using only one lens, the viewfinder presents an image that will differ imperceptibly from what is captured by the camera's sensor.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Here are some good cameras , both cheap and usable for photography. The link also contains reviews and prices , also where to buy it at that price.

Low Range(budget)

Mid Range(budget)

High Range(budget)

Best Compact Cameras

Best Budget Digital Slr

Best Mid Range Digital Slr Cameras

Best High-end Digital SLR Cameras

What is SLR?

Notice you missed one 5d mark iii off the high end cameras...
If you have a camera shop where you are go and talk with the advisors. Let them know what you want to do and they will advise you the best camera for your needs.

If you want SLR I would say canon 1100d or 600d (still best to look at the latest, I only look at professional spec cameras now)

There are some pretty good compact cameras with manual settings on them and fantastic quality. If you have never used a camera before, or done photography, then I would suggest a compact camera first.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Get a Canon 7D, and forget everything that's been mentioned. :)

Apart from the part where I said about 5D mk III.

Honestly he will be better off with a compact atm. One with Manual over ride so he can get used to how cameras work. An slr is a bit expensive for something that isn't even set in stone a favorite hobby.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I recommend the Nikon D5100. I've owned it for about two and a half years and its been nothing but perfect.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Get a Canon 7D, and forget everything that's been mentioned. :)

I concur

When I started out in photography my High School teacher told me to get this camera. [strike]Also Magic Lanterns Raw Video is coming to the 7D[/strike]

You're now able to shoot in Raw 2.5k Video if you ever want to get into that.

Last edited:
Back