Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

"The Cause of War is Preparation for War." - W. E. B. Du Bois

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Typography Final: Fabric banner; Ambigram; Early American Exceptionalism (1900-1920)
"The Cause of War is Preparation for War." - W. E. B. Du Bois

I ended up using an inkjet printing style in which you use freezer paper, iron on whatever fabric (I personally used a toothy cotton cloth), and allow the print to run through the wide area printer.

The physical version of this banner (the actual required artwork) actually is 1 ft x 3 ft in area.

On another note, the "WAR" portion of this poster can be read in both portrait perspectives. (Example below). Conceptually, this shows that the preparation for war is cause of war, but in the end it creates a never ending cycle (which is suggested by the circle orientation of the outside text).

In other words, no matter how you spin this banner, it still says the same thing.
Wucas - "The Cause of War is Preparation for War." - W. E. B. Du Bois - RaGEZONE Forums

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
War is insanely hard to read if you're just casually looking at this without the intent of analyzing it.

The word "WAR" at first glance is taken as a piece of artwork (hence the usage of the secondary blue frame), then on second evaluation it can be read.

The point of this project was not to display the quote in hand type or other manner, but to conceptually use it in a way that the type can display the meaning in its usage.

Reaction score
Actually it's quite amazing. You can read "War" even upside down. Not too many people can come up with an appealing typography that can be read both side. It's like the "Illuminati" text in the Davinci Code book.

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I would love to know all the details of the process of making this. It's fantastic, at least for me. I am a big fan of typography. Contact me if you feel like sharing the details and keep up the good work.

Back