Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

A Christmas Card

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wishing all of you a very merry christmas and a happy new year with these two cards:
Both with elements either by me or found somewhere on the internet, not that much, but its enough to make someone smile =]

Click on the images to view them in full size! :thumbup:

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The second one is much better than the first. Using pure hues is kind of a nono in design, especially digital (those reds are blinding on the first one). Usage of the muted reds, greens, and tan is a far better color scheme. The light red may need to a little more grey, seeing that it appears more pink than salmon.

As for the actual elements, seeing that you said you found them online, I really can't say much. I do, however, prefer the drawing styled ones compared to the vector, clip-art designs. Using pure white (I feel) was a bad idea though, seeing that you muted everything else. A cream would have fit in much better (and complemented the blue you used as well).

Besides that, you used a pretty basic layout. It looks nice, but not very adventurous, which depending on the person this is designed for, may be exactly what you were aiming for.

Note: I wish you would have changed the color of the box to the left of the text. The tree does nothing to accent the text, and seeing that there is no difference in color, you read it as one element. It is offsetting. You may also think about giving yourself more of a margin with the text. It feels cramped in that rectangle (a scaling of 85%-90% should fix the problem).

Last edited:
2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I added too much of a texture, but o well, you get the point. As you can see the white isn't completely white, it is a muted tone just like everything else. (something like #f3f7e0 ). Besides that I just added noise, burlap, and a high pass overlay, resulting in more depth. I also messed with the text leading just a tidge.

Thunda - A Christmas Card - RaGEZONE Forums

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I added too much of a texture, but o well, you get the point. As you can see the white isn't completely white, it is a muted tone just like everything else. (something like #f3f7e0 ). Besides that I just added noise, burlap, and a high pass overlay, adding more depth.

Thats... that is actually extremely good. I dont normally comment, but the level of amazing on this image forced me to to tell you how good this is, and this post doesn't even describe it. It looks extremely professional while putting off an inviting tone, having a great flow with a good christmas texture. Raw genius.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I added too much of a texture, but o well, you get the point. As you can see the white isn't completely white, it is a muted tone just like everything else. (something like #f3f7e0 ). Besides that I just added noise, burlap, and a high pass overlay, resulting in more depth. I also messed with the text leading just a tidge.

This way it resembles a paper card, good thinking ;)

Back