Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Couple of Drawings

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I've been an Otaku for who-knows-how-long and decided to actually give drawing a shot roughly around 2011. Though it was mostly a hobby that I'd do from time to time.
As time passed I stopped drawing more and more due to life in general. However, this year I'd like to become a little more serious about it.
I've made a New Years resolution to draw atleast once everyday, but it hasn't been working out so well due to a sudden increase in school work :c
Anyways, to get to the point, could anyone provide some CnC on some of my recent works? ( Not really recent haha but you get the point ).

They're posted in order of creation, so that you can see my progress since 2011:

Mid-2011
chukiba - Couple of Drawings - RaGEZONE Forums

^ Ah the shame :c Imo here's where I started to improve slightly:

Late 2011 - Early 2012

^ They're still pretty awful imo :/

The next one is my first attempt with my new Graphics Tablet, which by now probaly has quite alot of dust on it:

I'd prefer it if you'd be as harsh as possible on the CnC. It'd be easier for me to improve then x3

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You are able to do faces well, but what you need to work on is body proportions, and detailing to hands/feet. Hands and feet are really hard to get right as it is, so that may take a while to master.

Carry on with drawing, as it is shown that your practice is making perfect! Well done and post more drawings when you do them! We would love to see them!

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Don't like those hands do you ;D, might want to check out Mark Crilley on youtube, he is actually an American comic book artist, but he has a few mangas published and is really good at what he does. Most of his videos have a narration, but since the hands one (found ) is older, it does not.

A thing about the conversion from physical to virtual art, is that people will definitely notice the fluctuations in pen/pencil pressure. When drawing with a pencil or pen (physically) you can easily draw really hard or really light in the places you aren't so confident in. This lessens the focus of that part making an errors harder to spot, this however, can not easily be done in virtual art. Basically, when drawing virtually everything is left out in the open for anyone and everyone to notice.

Overall your drawings are quite nice, now you just need to focus on adding perspective to your drawings, starting with 1 point and moving onto 2 and 3 point perspectives. If you have noticed in manga/ anime depth is often skewed drastically to make movement seem more dynamic

Below I have some book clippings of the stuff I talked about above, it may (or may not) be useful to you.

Credits: Manga for the Beginner by Christopher Hart

Perspective:

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I'd rather add perspective to 'em once I've managed to get anatomy and colouring down in general, or atleast once I'm able to draw feet and hands ! o3o Though thanks for those tutorials on dynamic manga, will be VERY helpful in the near future. And yep, I'm already an avid fan of Mark's work, just that I haven't placed it into practical use for my own art.
Thanks for the feedback <3 I sincerely appreciate it!

Latest:

Supposed to be an improvement of this:

I'm currently in the process of colouring it, but I've got to say, I kinda suck at colouring. I'd be fine with uploading only Linearts haha, but that will not do :c

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'd rather add perspective to 'em once I've managed to get anatomy and colouring down in general, or atleast once I'm able to draw feet and hands ! o3o Though thanks for those tutorials on dynamic manga, will be VERY helpful in the near future. And yep, I'm already an avid fan of Mark's work, just that I haven't placed it into practical use for my own art.
Thanks for the feedback <3 I sincerely appreciate it!

Latest:

Supposed to be an improvement of this:

I'm currently in the process of colouring it, but I've got to say, I kinda suck at colouring. I'd be fine with uploading only Linearts haha, but that will not do :c

Concentrate on making sure that limbs are in proportion. Her legs are not the same, and neither are her arms.

(Joe209!)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Your proportions of the body are slightly off set. Unless of course you're going for the Chibi way of drawing. Other than that, for anime, they are quite good :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
^ Thank you for you're input :) Not necessarily going for the chibi-look, but just the general anime/manga kind of thing. Judging from what you all say, my greatest weakness is proportions.

So, from now on in order to improve, I'll just be doing anatomy studies on specific parts, mostly hands and feet haha. Then I'll try to 'join them up' together, and hopefully I will have improved on my proportions.

Anyways, here's a cat I did. It's incomplete as I have yet to do a background for it. It's one of the eight supporting studies I have to do for this year's Art Exam. My biggest regret are the eyes, as I was supposed to do them in colour. And for some reason it just won't rub out lol.

CnC please, or a rate out of 10 will be very appreciated ;)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I've been drawing quite a lot in the past year, though I only realised now that I haven't been sharing any of it online :c

This is the latest painting I did of a hummingbird. I used water colour and pencil, though I did draw it in too heavily x) So the pencil lines are very visible.

I took the photo with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2), so the image quality ain't so great either.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
That looks nice. If you can, add a flower near the area of the beak. Colors are good too.

Reaction score
I've been drawing quite a lot in the past year, though I only realised now that I haven't been sharing any of it online :c

This is the latest painting I did of a hummingbird. I used water colour and pencil, though I did draw it in too heavily x) So the pencil lines are very visible.

I took the photo with my phone (Samsung Galaxy S2), so the image quality ain't so great either.

You have trouble with the perspective again (see the tutorial Wucas posted above), other than that the proportions are wrong too.

Now I won't look for tutorials to show you, I rather explain. People first draw the skeleton of anything (animal, humanoid, robots etc.), it's where you match the proportions and asign a movement to it. Only after it you start to draw your character and adjust it to fit the skeleton.

When I say skeleton I don't mean a real human skeleton, just some ... let's say stick figure.

Unlike you, I started drawing with a pen rather than a pencil, I also exercised since I was like 7, so now I can draw things without skeleton first, and match their proportions apply animation whatever. But trust me, with a skeleton it's much easier.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
That looks nice. If you can, add a flower near the area of the beak. Colors are good too.

The bird eye looks extremely realistic, well done on that one. Very talented!

Thank you. It's a bit too late to add any extra features however, as I have already submitted this piece to my school's art exhibition. However I will keep that in mind for future works. A plain background isn't good.

You have trouble with the perspective again (see the tutorial Wucas posted above), other than that the proportions are wrong too.

Now I won't look for tutorials to show you, I rather explain. People first draw the skeleton of anything (animal, humanoid, robots etc.), it's where you match the proportions and asign a movement to it. Only after it you start to draw your character and adjust it to fit the skeleton.

When I say skeleton I don't mean a real human skeleton, just some ... let's say stick figure.

Unlike you, I started drawing with a pen rather than a pencil, I also exercised since I was like 7, so now I can draw things without skeleton first, and match their proportions apply animation whatever. But trust me, with a skeleton it's much easier.

Could you be more specific? The proportions seem fine to me. Does the bird's head seem too big or?

I did a second piece for the art exhibition. It's much smaller and simpler, but I sorta like how it turned out. However I forgot to add shadows and depth by it's feet, so it doesn't actually look like its perched on the branch.

It's a Scarlett-chested Sunbird:

Reaction score
Thank you. It's a bit too late to add any extra features however, as I have already submitted this piece to my school's art exhibition. However I will keep that in mind for future works. A plain background isn't good.

Could you be more specific? The proportions seem fine to me. Does the bird's head seem too big or?

I did a second piece for the art exhibition. It's much smaller and simpler, but I sorta like how it turned out. However I forgot to add shadows and depth by it's feet, so it doesn't actually look like its perched on the branch.

It's a Scarlett-chested Sunbird:

This bird is alight. You know why? Since the image is drawn from the front the birds head supposed to be bigger, because if you look at a bird frontal in real life you see it's head a little bit bigger too than it actually it is because it's closer.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you keep doing great jobs, later on try to make an anime character and color it.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If you keep doing great jobs, later on try to make an anime character and color it.

Almost done with an anime-based version of one of my S4League characters. However I'm too lazy to complete it xd

I did however sort of finish another traditional piece that I've been doing for fun in my spare time.
It's a stag with altered antlers, the colour-choice being the favourite colours of a certain friend.

Done with water colour and pen. Pencil ofcourse for the initial sketch.

As I did promise to start drawing with backgrounds, I'll try to add one to this piece. It seems too complicated however, so I want to try to tackle it bit by bit.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
IMO:
- the mouth looks really weird to me. Seems like its frowning
- the horns need a little work. The left side horns should be spaced a bit more (the ones near the center)
- the bottom looks too rigid, as well as the top area of the butt
- His/Her right ear should be seen as well I think

Hope to see an added background

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nice art I should say.
-should work more on facial expressions. And body actions.
Can you like do something besides anime?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice art I should say.
-should work more on facial expressions. And body actions.
Can you like do something besides anime?

if you actually looked through the thread you would posts other than anime in it.

I am looking forward to seeing the stag finished, that one looks very interesting :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
if you actually looked through the thread you would posts other than anime in it.

I am looking forward to seeing the stag finished, that one looks very interesting :)
Yes I saw it Mrs. CHEWBECCA

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
IMO:
- the mouth looks really weird to me. Seems like its frowning
- the horns need a little work. The left side horns should be spaced a bit more (the ones near the center)
- the bottom looks too rigid, as well as the top area of the butt
- His/Her right ear should be seen as well I think

Hope to see an added background

Thanks alot for the CnC! Could you be slightly more specific though. By "the bottom", do you mean it's legs? As in the very bottom or do you mean it's stomach? Or it's behind?
Also it's other ear wasn't included in the original photo, but if I find a different yet similar photo, I can make an attempt at creating one. It would have to be similar as I don't know enough about stag/deer anatomy yet. It's all about the angle it's pointed at, otherwise it will just look plain weird.

I've sadly run out of water colours, and the shop won't have any in stock until next month. So the stag painting will be put on hold for a bit. I did manage to buy some Gouache paint ( don't like it very much x) ) and some Oil paint sets. I haven't used them before except for two test runs I did a few days ago, but hopefully I can widen my usage of mediums through them.

This was a holiday assignment. Draw a sculpture of an ancient being, whether human or animal or mythic creature. I chose to do Poseidon/Neptune.

Done with a 2B and a 1B pencil, however the image quality doesn't look too good. I really need to invest in a new camera or rather a new phone!

Back