Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Design this year's RaGEZONE Awards userbar! [Win a 1 YEAR SUB!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Another year, another awards thread. After the success of last year's competition to design the userbar for the 2013 RaGEZONE Awards (think of the Oscars, only... scaled down :p:) I'm running this competition again. What is the competition you say? Well your task is create a lovely userbar to be given to each winner of the categories for the RZ Awards (voting starts Nov 16th).

The Prize!

A ONE YEAR SUBSCRIPTION as a token of our thanks, given to you in December after the awards are finished and the job is complete

The Format!

Starting from today and ending in 3 weeks (October 26th), users will be able to submit as many userbars as they like. I will hand pick the three best userbars and for a week after that there will be a round of voting to pick the best userbar. Should there be a tie, there'll be an additional tie breaker round. Whoever wins the voting will have their bar used for the awards and we'll make sure people know who you are and that you made the bars! (free promo for all you graphic designers, aww yeah)

The Requirements!

Alright there's some basic common sense for the requirements of the userbar in that it needs to be SFW (no boobs or poop, no NSFW material). Bars must be a suitable size for people's signatures and have enough space to fit in the name of the award, the winner's username and "RaGEZONE Awards 2014" or something similar. But that's as far as it goes, the rest is up to you! Total creative freedom!

Past Examples!

Here's what other people have made in the past that may give you some inspiration

2013:
Junkers - Design this year's RaGEZONE Awards userbar! [Win a 1 YEAR SUB!!] - RaGEZONE Forums

2012:
Junkers - Design this year's RaGEZONE Awards userbar! [Win a 1 YEAR SUB!!] - RaGEZONE Forums

2011:

2010:

Now go go go and win yourself a sub!

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score
Re: Design this year's RaGEZONE Awards userbar! [Win a 3 month sub]

Submit here or by private message?

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score

Post all your entries in this thread so we can all see them!

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score

Need some entries folks so moved this thread to Portfolio!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

I'll give it a try for the hell of it since I already have a sub. Don't expect much though from me xP

Annnnd update. Here we go. Nothing fancy. Might try make another one later though.

gLlD9Xj - Design this year's RaGEZONE Awards userbar! [Win a 1 YEAR SUB!!] - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

aL2Bl8l - Design this year's RaGEZONE Awards userbar! [Win a 1 YEAR SUB!!] - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm just a noob with Photoshop.

Attachments

Last edited:

MuP

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

anxG487 - Design this year's RaGEZONE Awards userbar! [Win a 1 YEAR SUB!!] - RaGEZONE Forums

bZRPr89 - Design this year's RaGEZONE Awards userbar! [Win a 1 YEAR SUB!!] - RaGEZONE Forums

To busy to create a real one, here is something I made in a few min .psd included too. Maybe next year.
#Edit : Both looks nice on black, dium.

Attachments

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

I am dumb and I hate to do userbar. Just 4 fun and don't laugh.

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Nothing fancy :eek:tt1:
Will provide psd upon request.

I've got an amazing idea just now while uploading the bar. I will try to animate this later.
Also does any one have ? I need it.
Thanks,
Riizq-

Reaction score

I've got an amazing idea just now while uploading the bar. I will try to animate this later.
Thanks,
Riizq-

dat face
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Thanks,
Riizq-
I love this one !

Reaction score

No I need him with the armor.

Here is the my try with animation.
It is sloppy at the moment, will get it smooth soon.

It looks alright, though it gives the feeling that RZ is somekind of Linux hacking community rather then MMO Development.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
I think @Riizq's entry would probably suit using the cyan/blue colour of the forum, can we see what that looks like? Also feel that it's a bit hard to read the award name as it's kinda small

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score

It looks alright, though it gives the feeling that RZ is somekind of Linux hacking community rather then MMO Development.

Hehe.

And Yea I will try the cyan/blue. Tired atm, will give it a go tomorrow.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
damn! Everyone here is a good designer. Should I delete my post? :'(

Good luck to all <3

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
damn! Everyone here is a good designer. Should I delete my post? :'(

Good luck to all <3

Don't ever feel like yours isn't good enough. Keep your post. Not everyone is amazing at designing but just by putting in an entry shows you are willing to put in effort and try at designing. Keep coming up with ideas, you never know one of them might be the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back