Dec 2008 Join Date
    In your bed :3Location
    2,552Posts

[Digital Painting] Senjougahara

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

My second digital painting I have done.

Re: [Digital Painting] Senjougahara

It looks amazing. However, the shading of the body from neck down, or in this case from neck left, looks off when you look at it at this angle and makes the body look bigger and not proportioned. The shading also doesn't clearly show as to which side is the body facing. BUT if you turn the image counter-clockwise (like I did with my laptop lol), it becomes clearer. The top(?) shoulder either looks too big, or just lacks shading.

Other than those points, it's a really nice painting. I absolutely adore how you painted her lips.

DeveloperRank
    Dec 2008 Join Date
    In your bed :3Location
    2,552Posts

Re: [Digital Painting] Senjougahara

Quote Originally Posted by Tenpai View Post
    It looks amazing. However, the shading of the body from neck down, or in this case from neck left, looks off when you look at it at this angle and makes the body look bigger and not proportioned. The shading also doesn't clearly show as to which side is the body facing. BUT if you turn the image counter-clockwise (like I did with my laptop lol), it becomes clearer. The top(?) shoulder either looks too big, or just lacks shading.

Other than those points, it's a really nice painting. I absolutely adore how you painted her lips.
    Yes I agree. I stared at this too long and without a proper resource (I didn't have a reference photo this time), I totally botched the shoulders. O well, things happen.

I've always been a contour artist, shading isn't my strong suit, just gotta practice more!

Advertisement