Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Fracture Chocolate Packaging

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Currently I am in Uni for Graphics, focusing mainly on motion, advertising, and package design. Here is my first package design of the new year.

I chose the German chocolatier Vavani for my mock chocolate design. This chocolate comes in two different flavors per bar, molded in an ambiguous triangle, and contains a small rapped chocolate truffle inside of it. To display this intricate yet nostalgic concept of receiving a treat within a treat, I chose to do a modern design with usage of rustic botanic illustrations from the late 1800s.

The logo has several reasons for being the way it is.
1. The degree sign plays homage to the geometric design
2. Fracture is a fissure between two object, in this case, the two fused bars are fractured.
3. The circle represents the prize found inside of the bar.

Logo:
Wucas - Fracture Chocolate Packaging - RaGEZONE Forums

Finished Product Shot:

Illustrator Screenshot:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This sounds mad, but how easy is it to 'build' and how easy is it to open? As this is something that (I am guessing) would be produced on a production line, in a large number build time would need to be minimum.

how easy to open, I always hate wrappings that I cant get into easy, or have to rip, because I hate ripping wrapping. I carefully open everything (because I am weird)

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This sounds mad, but how easy is it to 'build' and how easy is it to open? As this is something that (I am guessing) would be produced on a production line, in a large number build time would need to be minimum.

how easy to open, I always hate wrappings that I cant get into easy, or have to rip, because I hate ripping wrapping. I carefully open everything (because I am weird)

It actually isnt that hard to build at all. The box took me about 2 minutes to score, fold, and glue together, so on a production setting it would be done in seconds. There are a total of 4 tabs and 10 folds per box, which although is much more than something rectangular, is still economically viable. During projects such as this we are always given a limit to how complex our builds can be. For the price range we are working with, this fell nicely into the mid to high packaging cost braquet.

As for the ease of usage, the box is perforated on the back at about 1/3 of the way from the top (visible by a dotted line). In this way, the rapping on the outside can easily be tossed after purchase leaving only the foil box, which can be saved for usage after the fact.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It actually isnt that hard to build at all. The box took me about 2 minutes to score, fold, and glue together, so on a production setting it would be done in seconds. There are a total of 4 tabs and 10 folds per box, which although is much more than something rectangular, is still economically viable.

As for the ease of usage, the box is perforated on the back at about 1/3 of the way from the top (visible by a dotted line). In this way, the rapping on the outside can easily be tossed after purchase leaving only the foil box, which can be saved for usage after the fact.
It sure looks more complicated than that!

Reaction score
I'll be frank with you. If you wouldn't have marked "chocolate" or "chocolatier" I would easily think these are some kind of technology pieces carefully wrapped in tinfoil and paper. It's a new design, a bit maybe too new for my eyes ... Further more the whole concept of the front face doesn't seem to match anything behind it. Future, and wireframe does not go well with chocolate, or any kind of sweets for that matter.

Just a personal opinion, keep up the great work.

Back