Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Gryzzex - Butterfly EP Album Art Design

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My new album Butterfly EP is coming out this year and I designed some album art to put on SC and FB, so here it is. I used Paint.NET. It's not my first piece of art, but it is my first piece of art posted on this forum. Tell me how I did.

REMOVED

This album art is the one I use for my singles.

REMOVED

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Undeleted this as this isn't a music thread, this is a discussion on the album cover.

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Before I begin, you cannot use an existing logo as your logo. I can literally reverse image search and find this on wikia. That is not only insulting to people who design logos, but it is illegal and can lead to heavy fines. It breaks multiple laws in most Asian/ European countries, and most certainly would not allow you to get by in the United States.I get that I am posting on a site that thrives on the very idea that things are taken without permission, but as a designer, I cannot stand to let this go without first mentioning it.

Paint.net isn't really something I would be suggesting for someone trying to design an album cover. I mean yah, it is a step above paint in windows, but in the end it still is the most basic of basic tools. If you can't afford Photoshop or Illustrator, just get GIMP and Inkscape. Most album covers today aren't even raster based at all, besides maybe a photo or illustration. Using a Vector based program is by far a better choice.

You lack contrast, the type isn't really handled all the well, and the colors do not seem to mesh well. Layout isn't horrible, but being centered you there is no emotion that comes from this piece. It lacks individuality. I have a vague idea of what type of music you perform by seeing this, but if I was asked what genre you were in, I would not be able to pinpoint it.

I know I probably sound like a penis (and maybe I am one), but if I was being paid to design some sort of cover, there would be no way my client would see this work as acceptable. If you don't want to pay someone and feel you have the necessary ability to do something on your own, that is your decision, but when you ask for a critique from individuals who literally get paid to do work like this, you will be treated like you are the on the same level as them.

If you go to print with this, I would not be surprised if you are received negatively.

That is my honest opinion.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Before I begin, you cannot use an existing logo as your logo. I can literally reverse image search and find this on wikia. That is not only insulting to people who design logos, but it is illegal and can lead to heavy fines. It breaks multiple laws in most Asian/ European countries, and most certainly would not allow you to get by in the United States.I get that I am posting on a site that thrives on the very idea that things are taken without permission, but as a designer, I cannot stand to let this go without first mentioning it.

My music is non-copyrighted .I am using this logo for non-commercial use and my album art is only for posting it on Soundcloud. I am not trying to get any sales from my music - it's just a design I am using for my music.

Paint.net isn't really something I would be suggesting for someone trying to design an album cover. I mean yah, it is a step above paint in windows, but in the end it still is the most basic of basic tools. If you can't afford Photoshop or Illustrator, just get GIMP and Inkscape. Most album covers today aren't even raster based at all, besides maybe a photo or illustration. Using a Vector based program is by far a better choice.

I hate Photoshop. It's too advanced I like using Paint.net as it's easier and faster. I never claimed to be a graphic designer but I was just posting to show off the work. This is what happens when you get 1 hour spare time xD. I just made this as fast as I could and it seems to match my music.

You lack contrast, the type isn't really handled all the well, and the colors do not seem to mesh well. Will fix that. Layout isn't horrible, but being centered you there is no emotion that comes from this piece. It lacks individuality. Will fix that. I have a vague idea of what type of music you perform by seeing this, but if I was asked what genre you were in, I would not be able to pinpoint it.
Gryzzex - Gryzzex - Butterfly EP Album Art Design - RaGEZONE Forums

This is Zomboy's logo. If you didn't know Zomboy then you would probably still not even be able to pinpoint his genre by this.

I know I probably sound like a penis (and maybe I am one), but if I was being paid to design some sort of cover, there would be no way my client would see this work as acceptable. If you don't want to pay someone and feel you have the necessary ability to do something on your own, that is your decision, but when you ask for a critique from individuals who literally get paid to do work like this, you will be treated like you are the on the same level as them.

If you go to print with this, I would not be surprised if you are received negatively.
I realize your concern - but as I said earlier, this music is free.

That is my honest opinion.

Read all above.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Read all above.

You still have no right to use other logo's which are under copyright. Everything which is produced has a copyright to the owner, and this means reproducing into other things like album art, even if that is for sound cloud.

you are using someone else's logo as an identity for yourself. Doesn't matter if you are making money or not, you still cant do it. If you were to use one of my photos without my permission I would get your stuff taken off of soundcloud due to copyright infringement.

Back