Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

An 'hedonistic architecture' ('WIP')

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Ah, it is the 'Ambient Occlusion' effect..

I made some little improvements last night, mapped some parts, etc.. the dirt map is causing some artifacts on the top parts of the building, it is not intentional.. will correct it.. I liked the 'dirt' on some other parts, i just thought it to be a little too green or too bright.. But i will change it when i add the vines and secondary vegetation

ScreamingFox - An 'hedonistic architecture' ('WIP') - RaGEZONE Forums

dat face
Reaction score
Ah, it is the 'Ambient Occlusion' effect..

I made some little improvements last night, mapped some parts, etc.. the dirt map is causing some artifacts on the top parts of the building, it is not intentional.. will correct it.. I liked the 'dirt' on some other parts, i just thought it to be a little too green or too bright.. But i will change it when i add the vines and secondary vegetation

*image*

just one word awesome , all the brightness , effect all perfect .. so this is desert city ? :)

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score

Its not all 'that' really :).. Its my debut on exterior renderings.. And i also want to train the 'game architecture' so i can create more credible 'civilizations' with some strong cultural aspects..

About 'where' would it be, at first i thought about the giant flying turtle, but it would be laborious to make the turtle, and this one is not that good also.. But perhaps in the future i will model a turtle, i can make it giant and etc.. XD.. Since the giant turtle will not appear on the render.. It can be that also..

The illumination is based on photos from a book called The '12 Jyotirlinga Temples of India', which is about Indian Shaivite temples (temples dedicated to the hindu god Shiva). The light condition (time of day) is called 'the golden hour' (some time on the morning, soon after the sun rises, or some time on the afternoon, soon before the sun sets..), this light will 'color paint' the walls giving it a more 'orangish' hue.. Photographers have a special liking to this time of day to take photos, especially for constructions like castles or temples.. I like that..

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
First pass to the secondary vegetation :)

(forgot a some things on this one)

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Yes, it is an 'abandoned water garden'.. hence the vegetation and the 'dirt'.. I will also add some grass between the stone bricks on the floor, but only when i finish it.. :)..

dat face
Reaction score
Yes, it is an 'abandoned water garden'.. hence the vegetation and the 'dirt'.. I will also add some grass between the stone bricks on the floor, but only when i finish it.. :)..

yeah I like the idea , but too much grass is bad ...

Back