Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[W.I.P.] MapleStory server Launcher and Patcher (Updater)

Reaction score
I started working on it 2 hours ago, haven't done much..
This will be coded by Yekun and will be released in MapleStory section.

What I've done so far:
General layout.
Window styling.
Server message.
Buttons and button effects.
Login form.

To do:
Server status.
Update's progress bar, file name, size, percentages of progress.
UserCP.
Play button.
Settings (special made in MS NPC style, picture below).

Screenshots:

Snopboy - [W.I.P.] MapleStory server Launcher and Patcher (Updater) - RaGEZONE Forums

NPC style settings window:
Snopboy - [W.I.P.] MapleStory server Launcher and Patcher (Updater) - RaGEZONE Forums

There's still some work left to do.
Any suggestions/criticism?
Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Pretty basic, nothing really special honestly.
I know, I'm designing it according to the features needed so I can't really add anything special there huhue.. Thanks!

The login is pink and doesn't match anything else, but the rest looks aight
I'd suggest to view the image in full size, it somewhat fit in, thanks!

Reaction score
It looks alright, but the huge font makes it ... outdated. Just try re-sizing the whole thing, make it smaller, make the marquee font smaller, I bet it would look much better.

Done..

Click the images to view the original size.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Personally not a fan of the NPC chat window . I also have to agree that the pink Login button just doesn't fit.
One thing I would do is just completely redo the background. The white at the bottom makes it look like incomplete empty space. I would also consider choosing a different character image, the purple of the CB doesn't fit well with the rest of the color scheme.

After looking it again, the black overlay on the bottom covering half of the CB character also seems a bit off.

Overall I'd say it looks very clean and professional, just work on your color scheming.

Reaction score
personally, I wont rate this, simply because almost all the elements are originated from Nexon aka MapleStory. You didn't made them from scratch. So there isn't much to say except for the layouts and buttons. Other than that, I will just say that they do not match.

DHL

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not a fan of the strong pink with light blue color combination. Try doing light blue with light blue, it will make it look better.

In my opinion anyway, but what do I know. Everyone has different tastes.

And why would you want to have a lighter color as the "Sign Up" button and a stronger one as the "Login" button? You want them to Sign Up, therefore, you need to quickly catch their attention with a color that is stronger and is the first thing that grabs their attention and eyesight (but looks good and compliments the other one, of course). My 2 cents. :thumbup:

Reaction score
personally, I wont rate this, simply because almost all the elements are originated from Nexon aka MapleStory. You didn't made them from scratch. So there isn't much to say except for the layouts and buttons. Other than that, I will just say that they do not match.

Not a fan of the strong pink with light blue color combination. Try doing light blue with light blue, it will make it look better.

In my opinion anyway, but what do I know. Everyone has different tastes.

And why would you want to have a lighter color as the "Sign Up" button and a stronger one as the "Login" button? You want them to Sign Up, therefore, you need to quickly catch their attention with a color that is stronger and is the first thing that grabs their attention and eyesight (but looks good and compliments the other one, of course). My 2 cents. :thumbup:

I actually left this project because I didn't had time to finish it and moved on to a Game Manager for my own network;

DHL

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I actually left this project because I didn't had time to finish it and moved on to a Game Manager for my own network;

That looks way, way better. Good job. :)

Back