Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Minion (for-fun)

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Did today, still finishing it.. Will try to finish it today (except for the rigging =D)..

ScreamingFox - Minion (for-fun) - RaGEZONE Forums

Still lacking the eye, etc.. :).. And then the 'global corrections and adjustments', and the 'finishings'.. XDD..

All rendered with no proper materials (just 'colors'), separated Material ID's and applied a color to each one :).. Will have the proper texture later..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looks nice, especially the last pic, with him smiling. ^^ Great Job.

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Well, it is not an actual 'smile'.. It is an 'average' pose for the mesh, in order to be easy to model all the 'facial expressions' and 'phonemes'..

I will just finish this basic eye closing/opening (a progressive morph target) and take my little brother and his school friends to the zoo.. Perhaps tonight it will already have some facial expressions =D..

Making the eye XD:

Last edited by a moderator:
Over rock and under tree
Reaction score

Testing some materials (only colors and procedural maps).. I don't think i will detail it further.. XD..

Still lacking the eyeball rig (with the texture) and the glass lens..

All images hosted in tinypic.

@edit: "Final" (i am happy with it.. it is indeed supposed to be a quickie one really XDD)

3dsMax with Standard Scanline :)..

Last edited:
dat face
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Fox ~ you always my favorite ~ :thumbup: awesome !

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Just a little play with the model... ol ol seven style XD..

Made while listening to a Sheryl Crow song =D..

(i think the writings suck, but the rest of the map is nice.. perhaps i will make another one with only the falling 'fiery minions' on the reflection.. and 'wallpaper' size XD)..

Viewport:

The barrel have a shellac material, this image (the woman and fiery falling minions, etc.. there are some silly errors if one pays a little attention.. but is just for a play really..) is applied as a screen-space reflection map (not a post..).. The only edition i made post rendering is the 'fire burst' from the gun..

Had some bits of fun making it hehehe.. =D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looks like it was a fun project. The minion tux is great!

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
I made it for a 'timed challenge' =D.. So the render is not the best one indeed.. Perhaps i will make a 'wallpaper sized' one with some better contrast parameters also, and without the writings, etc..

Back