Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MMO Blur Logo (first professional design)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I took about a day designing a logo for a new forum. I'd just like to share the logo and get feedback before I send it off. No absolute haters please!

Kuesopop - MMO Blur Logo (first professional design) - RaGEZONE Forums

Any comments?

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
  • The red doesn't go with the green it doesn't really blend well
  • What has that person got to do with MMO's
  • Don't really like the green blob behind it just looks out of place, too bright or I don't even know.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
  • The red doesn't go with the green it doesn't really blend well
  • What has that person got to do with MMO's
  • Don't really like the green blob behind it just looks out of place, too bright or I don't even know.
I'll try to make a new logo to meet all of your criteria. Thanks.

Reaction score
I took about a day designing a logo for a new forum. I'd just like to share the logo and get feedback before I send it off. No absolute haters please!

Any comments?

what do you mean you by absolute haters? posts without positive feedbacks? Because I don't see anything in here worth of calling "Professional Design"

(this is a professional logo and it looks just like one)

Your "logo" looks more like a Banner, you messed with the c4d with that toxic green in there, it doesn't blend with anything, the render of that guy is not blending with anything (even with the name of the forum which is for MMOs) try to use a render of a character from something related with MMOs. Your font color in red goes against the color scheme of your banner, green all the way and then a Red on the text. Looks weird.

Try to improve before calling your works "Professional" else people will joke at you and I'm not saying that will happen here (it can happen here too) but in the forum you are going to suggest the banner.

I'll leave you some examples of Inspiration websites you can search for and see what Professional works looks like

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Logos are supposed to be simplistic, easy to read, memorable, and preferably in a vector. Honestly, color doesn't even matter, it is how the text or emblem is portrayed. The only thing that you have posted that would be considered a "logo" is the text, and that is honestly just the name in a interesting typeface.

Grab illustrator and mess around with text, use primitives and make an interesting shape for an emblem, or something following these lines.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I feel like you guys are being a bit harsh to this person. He claims in his thread title that it's his "first professional design," which could mean a variety of things to him, not to be taken literally. And as this is his "first," the usage of "logo" is also unintentional, albeit misplaced, because forums do use banners, as this appears to be. The commentary here is great in content, but, isn't tone it's delivered in rather caustic to a guy who said he spent a whole day making it?

And Kuesopop , as everyone's said, keep it simple. Keep it a bit smaller too, as, no one wants to see a forum banner take up half the page. Don't use things for the sake of making the image complex, as they'll make the image messy. Simple images, simple fonts, one focus point :) Don't be discouraged, as this is a great first try. A lot of people just start off slapping text onto pictures.

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I feel like you guys are being a bit harsh to this person. He claims in his thread title that it's his "first professional design," which could mean a variety of things to him, not to be taken literally. And as this is his "first," the usage of "logo" is also unintentional, albeit misplaced, because forums do use banners, as this appears to be. The commentary here is great in content, but, isn't tone it's delivered in rather caustic to a guy who said he spent a whole day making it?

And @Kuesopop , as everyone's said, keep it simple. Keep it a bit smaller too, as, no one wants to see a forum banner take up half the page. Don't use things for the sake of making the image complex, as they'll make the image messy. Simple images, simple fonts, one focus point :) Don't be discouraged, as this is a great first try. A lot of people just start off slapping text onto pictures.

I've never been paid for any of my work, so in all aspects of the term "professional", this guy should be better than me.

Critiques are critiques, stop trying to baby this guy through the steps. He needs to hear the truth, not a water'd down version of it.

P.S. I could have been much harsher.

dat face
Loyal Member
Reaction score
did you mean wallpaper ? because I can't see where is the logo .. and what program you use to make this thing ? PS ?

Last edited:
Reaction score

And Kuesopop , as everyone's said, keep it simple. Keep it a bit smaller too, as, no one wants to see a forum banner take up half the page. Don't use things for the sake of making the image complex, as they'll make the image messy. Simple images, simple fonts, one focus point :) Don't be discouraged, as this is a great first try. A lot of people just start off slapping text onto pictures.

No harsh posts found so far, we only give out CC if the thread owner doesnt accept critics then he shouldn't ask for feedback this ain't professional.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've never been paid for any of my work, so in all aspects of the term "professional", this guy should be better than me.

Critiques are critiques, stop trying to baby this guy through the steps. He needs to hear the truth, not a water'd down version of it.

P.S. I could have been much harsher.

By professional, I mean that it was one of the hardest things I've worked on. I asked for no very harsh comments but things to improve on. It's one of the first logos I ever designed. Thanks everyone who gave me feedback I now have decided how to make the logo.

did you mean wallpaper ? because I can't see where is the logo .. and what program you use to make this thing ? PS ?

It's the full wallpaper the actual logo was trimmed and cropped from this. I used Paint.NeT to letter it and GIMP to make the graphics.

Reaction score
By professional, I mean that it was one of the hardest things I've worked on. I asked for no very harsh comments but things to improve on. It's one of the first logos I ever designed. Thanks everyone who gave me feedback I now have decided how to make the logo.

It's the full wallpaper the actual logo was trimmed and cropped from this. I used Paint.NeT to letter it and GIMP to make the graphics.

Download Photoshop and Illustrator and learn to use both programs, you will get much better, trust me

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

The only way for people to improve it to tell them where they are going wrong. There is a line between being harsh and helping, and the line hasn't been crossed.

This design is not a logo, and not executed well. It is messy, doesn't blend. I can see good ideas within it, just not done very well.

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Here is one i made a while ago.. It was supposed to be just an 'ice brick' before i made an 3d ice brick.. I did not liked it and it was not made thinking of it to be a logo.. But the guys liked it and used as a logo for papers (on a corner of internal documents) for some time XD..

Back