Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
After about 2 weeks in After Effects I decided to try something more interesting than what my classes have been going over (simple layer adjustments and such), so I made this little clip. I apologize for the poor quality, for some reason the HD version just doesn't want to show up.

This took way more time than I would like to admit.

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yah, I have been extremely busy lately. Had to up my hours at work and still have Uni work to go on, so basically my free time is pretty much gone.

As for your question, it is basically frame by frame, with a few of exceptions of meshing between frames. Since everything is so simplistic, I didn't do with the whole keyframe every 5-10 frames then cleanup between; it simply would have wasted time. There are a few compositions at work here though. The first composition covers only the rope (it has pretty complex path data for the short amount of time it is active), the second composition is the man for obvious reasons, then you have base text which ran the typewriter work at the beginning, and lastly the text deformation layers. All are brought together into a single comp window, then rendered with sound.

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Great work!
Looks like this has been inspired from Animator vs Animation, correct me if I am wrong.

For reference:

Actually i had never seen that before. The reference I had was an old GIF of 2 stick people fighting, and even then, I don't think I took a single one of the moves that animator used.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Loved the animation. How long did you say it took? I don't think you should play it in a classroom because of the guns and poop xD but it's still a pretty good animation.

Reaction score
Loved the animation. How long did you say it took? I don't think you should play it in a classroom because of the guns and poop xD but it's still a pretty good animation.

Why not? It isn't saying anything which would destroy a person, its an animation which reflects a quotation. Nothing morbid in it at all.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why not? It isn't saying anything which would destroy a person, its an animation which reflects a quotation. Nothing morbid in it at all.

I meant in a children's classroom. (age 5 -7) It could be a bit too graphic for someone that age.

Back