Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Photo] Auschwitz

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I visited Auschwitz, something of which I have wanted to do since i was 14, and was taught about it in school.
It was really a strange sensation on arrival. We were all made to line up and be searched. Bags which were over 30cm couldn't be taken in. It felt REALLY ironic. Tourists were getting their picture taken, taking on their phones and taking photos in areas where photography was forbidden. It was really disrespectful, so if you ever do go, prepare yourself for the shock of typical tourism.

Anyway, below is a link to the set.

Reaction score
Question, why are pictures banned?

Either way, I think that if taking pictures are banned from any place people should have the amount of respect to not take them. They wouldn't like it if they had a party and they said no pictures and they were, drunk off their butt and we took em anyways.

I find a complete and utter lack of respect for tourist these days.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Question, why are pictures banned?

Either way, I think that if taking pictures are banned from any place people should have the amount of respect to not take them. They wouldn't like it if they had a party and they said no pictures and they were, drunk off their butt and we took em anyways.

I find a complete and utter lack of respect for tourist these days.

Probably two reasons, so that imagery isn't posted on social media, and people will see all of the things without going, and to show respect. The blocks have been converted into exhibitions. We were walking through where millions died, and this is why I turned my camera off as soon as I walked into the building. Even my phone was off.

Reaction score
I like how the weather always seems bad in these kinds of places. (wether its coincedence or not)
I visited one of the camps in Belgium and the teachers said that theyd never been there when the weather was nice.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I like how the weather always seems bad in these kinds of places. (wether its coincedence or not)
I visited one of the camps in Belgium and the teachers said that theyd never been there when the weather was nice.

Im staying in Warsaw atm, and so far, the weather has been sunny and warm. The one day we went to Auschwitz it was raining the whole day.

Reaction score
Great photos, Becca. Are you jewish by chance? Just wondering. It's very bleak looking, especially since it looks like it was cloudy. Strangely enough I think it looks peaceful and serene, even though such terrible and horrendous things happened there.

Photography, especially cell phone photography, is probably banned in some places because of this dumb, insensitive idiot:

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Great photos, Becca. Are you jewish by chance? Just wondering. It's very bleak looking, especially since it looks like it was cloudy. Strangely enough I think it looks peaceful and serene, even though such terrible and horrendous things happened there.

Photography, especially cell phone photography, is probably banned in some places because of this dumb, insensitive idiot:
Other than it being a rainy day, I've edited them to have a cold bleak feel to it on purpose. I'm not Jewish, no I just think that paying respects to people who were murdered for being them was something that was needed to be done. A grand number of polish perished at this camp too. The death wall saw mostly polish political prisoners.

I don't think photography being banned within the buildings has anything to do with that highly retarded girl, as she is outside where you are permitted to take photos.
All museums disallow photography, have done for years, and usually I casual ignore these signs, taking photos for reference later, for when I'm writing etc. But out of respect for the million estimated to die there, I didn't.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Really good photo, I've been there so many times because I live in cracow, As you didn't know taken photo in auschwitz is illegal, you can get a mandate from municipal Police in heights 200 zł (around 50 euro)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Really good photo, I've been there so many times because I live in cracow, As you didn't know taken photo in auschwitz is illegal, you can get a mandate from municipal Police in heights 200 zł (around 50 euro)
I'm sure you mean within the blocks. I took my camera through security. Its a canon 5d mk3, so not something that I can hide under my jacket.
I did think that you could get fined as security were also walking around the site. Security watched my photographing outside the buildings.

Back