Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Photography

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Got some more dog photos I'd like to show. You might have seen one or two of them before, however, I just added in my best shots of my sisters dog. I won't embed them, as they have a big resolution, but just click the links :):

Feedback is appreciated!

Reaction score
The first one is straight ahead amazing. The last one is quite interesting too, but the rest ... could have been much better. I'm not much of a photographer, but I know this, black and white photographs are part of the past nowadays. You need as much colors as possible, bright ones, vintage ones, doesn't really matter. Play with the focus, blur a bit more. Darkening the image around the dog doesn't make it any more appealing, trust me. And yes I've seen the last one I think somewhere ...

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The first one is straight ahead amazing. The last one is quite interesting too, but the rest ... could have been much better. I'm not much of a photographer, but I know this, black and white photographs are part of the past nowadays. You need as much colors as possible, bright ones, vintage ones, doesn't really matter. Play with the focus, blur a bit more. Darkening the image around the dog doesn't make it any more appealing, trust me. And yes I've seen the last one I think somewhere ...

Who says black/white is out? It's most certainly not. It's very popular having black/white photos on the wall nowadays, and two of those photos are actually hanging on my sisters wall right now, in their brand new house. Perhaps I didn't blur enough, but I thought I made a decent balance. However, thanks for your feedback. :):

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

totally disagree. A good black and white image is stunning. You don't need colours to make things great, you need contrasts.
Detox I do have to say they don't quite make it as black and white images and that is because they don't have much contrast.

I have saved some images just by purely converting to black and white, maybe I will post an example at some point...

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
totally disagree. A good black and white image is stunning. You don't need colours to make things great, you need contrasts.
Detox I do have to say they don't quite make it as black and white images and that is because they don't have much contrast.

I have saved some images just by purely converting to black and white, maybe I will post an example at some point...

I suppose it lacks editing, it's an old photo, however I'll consider re-editing it.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I suppose it lacks editing, it's an old photo, however I'll consider re-editing it.
Are you editing in Photoshop? Edit the levels and curves.
Also went converting use the black and white option rather than desaturating. You can play with the colours which do change the tone of black white and grey.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Are you editing in Photoshop? Edit the levels and curves.
Also went converting use the black and white option rather than desaturating. You can play with the colours which do change the tone of black white and grey.

Photoshop yes, thanks for the advice!'

Here's a photo of yesterdays shoot :):

fV4iBwV - Photography - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score

This is a real beauty mate!
A job well done.
Man I so want to click some good photos... but I don't have a cam =\ ( I have one but its not that good... )

Attachments

Reaction score

Black and white photographs will never be a part of the past, they can represent so much, and will never go.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is a real beauty mate!
A job well done.
Man I so want to click some good photos... but I don't have a cam =\ ( I have one but its not that good... )
Thank you mate! :): Buy a amateur SLR camera, the house itself doesn't have to be expensive. You don't need a full-frame camera, heck, I don't have one yet. However I have invested in full frame lenses, by that i mean the AF-S serie lenses, so I can still use the lenses should I upgrade. The camera house I currently have costed around 500$-600$ new :): Lenses are far more imporant :):

Black and white photographs will never be a part of the past, they can represent so much, and will never go.
Completely agree with you on this one!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I didn't know what to expect when I read 'dog photos'.
When I opened them however, I was stunned about the beauty of these pictures!
As has already been said, I especially love the first and last one.
I can't seem to find words to describe these pictures, and me being not a native English speaker has got nothing to do with that :p

Also, great job on the snow photo!

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I didn't know what to expect when I read 'dog photos'.
When I opened them however, I was stunned about the beauty of these pictures!
As has already been said, I especially love the first and last one.
I can't seem to find words to describe these pictures, and me being not a native English speaker has got nothing to do with that :p

Also, great job on the snow photo!

Thanks a lot, warms my heart! :):

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

you've got the depth of field spot on with this one.

Only thing I would suggest is your angling, and think about 3rds. You've put the bench smack down in the middle of the frame, where you should have aimed for more ground or snow (9 times out of 10 it looks better with sky)

Of course, this being a type of art form you will always get instances where these rules mean bugger all. :)

Attachments

Back