Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Poster for my wall

Reaction score
Hey,

So ever since I've painted my room I've been looking for something to hang on the walls or whatever. And then I remembered I'm a ridiculous Harry Potter fan.

So I opened photoshop and started creating this ''poster'' for my wall. I was aiming for something very simplistic and it turned out pretty OK. Just need some tips how I can make it better. Maybe making the background a bit darker and stuff to fit the quote better? Changing the colours in the middle part? Just let me know I'm open for suggestions.

Please don't post stuff like: ''this is easy to make'' blablabla I know that's actually what I'm aiming for.

also, maybe making the text smaller makes it look better.

Direct link:

EDIT:
Things I've decided to do already:
- Make the background darker to fit the quote better
- Maybe slightly adjust the colors.

Also might change the overal theme to something warmer to fit the quote more, the more I look at it the uglier it gets.

WHAT I NEED IS A Wucas !@$##$$

Last edited:

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's pretty great, if the text was darker a little bit it would be better

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I have been so busy with work lately, it is crunch time for a lot of my deadlines.

Contrast needs to be up'd drastically, especially seeing that you lose that when printing. The thing about digital creation is there is simply not a good way to show a CYMK on an RGB screen. We can get close of course, but it is still off. The fact we are backlighting something as well just ruins it even more, making the whites appear way brighter than they are and the blacks in huge contrast to that white.

I am not the hugest fan of the paint splatter aesthetic but that is just me. I would much rather see something like if we are talking about usage of photoshop masking tools. Even as a person who doesn't use photography much in their work, it has an appeal to it even if it is hipster as duck.

Type is massive. Also if you are under 65-70% grey, use black. You either need to bolster that gradient backdrop of yours, or change that text color. Also, type choice feels a little off for this one. I would use an inline or an extremely thin san serif here. Book is simply too thick for the statement here. Type layout is a little off too, it ruins flow for me. I would suggest putting it all together at the bottom in a 2 line statement. Maybe an adventerous move would be to right align this piece on the golden ratio or something. Centering things is easy, it would have more feeling if you didn't.

Triangle's center points are not in the center of the bounding box. Please move that triangle so it is centered with the gradient. It is killing me.

It needs another element. We need a contrast in scale with something other than the type, unless of course you use a photo for your piece as previously suggested. I have no reference in which this abstract piece is in size, so it is bugging me.

Thanksforwaiting.jpg

Back