Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Suggestions needed

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'd like to apologise if I've posted this in the wrong section. Moderators please move this thread if it's not the right section.

I would like to ask a few questions.
First, what other software do you use to do graphic designing, or in making templates(for example a magazine, where you're sorting information of individuals , you want to make the design of all the individuals to be the same) other than Adobe Photoshop?

Second, is there any tutorial on typography designing? I'm a graphic designer in the editorial board in my school and I'd like to learn more about typography designing to beautify my designs.

I guess that's all for now. Hoping to see replies asap. Thanks.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
You can find tutorials in the "Tutorials and Resources" section, not sure if there are a lot of typography ones though. Also Photoshop is the best, and almost every tutorial is based on it, but you can try GIMP, I guess that's the most popular after Photoshop.

Thanks for your reply.
Ummmm, what type of software do they use to design magazines and books? (other than photoshop cs6?) thanks :)

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
For print materials I believe InDesign and Illustrator are quite popular. As for magazines, I'd probably go with Adobe InDesign.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'd like to apologise if I've posted this in the wrong section. Moderators please move this thread if it's not the right section.

I would like to ask a few questions.
First, what other software do you use to do graphic designing, or in making templates(for example a magazine, where you're sorting information of individuals , you want to make the design of all the individuals to be the same) other than Adobe Photoshop?

Second, is there any tutorial on typography designing? I'm a graphic designer in the editorial board in my school and I'd like to learn more about typography designing to beautify my designs.

I guess that's all for now. Hoping to see replies asap. Thanks.

I use different free software to create my designs. I mostly use GIMP and Inkscape. GIMP allows you to create images for sigs, web designs, gifs, etc., but Inkscape allows you to create those same images in a more "professional" look

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'd not advice GIMP at all, it sucks. I'd still go for Photoshop but since you don't like Photoshop why not look for something else, I'm sure that there are enough programs online that can help you on making things.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
I'd not advice GIMP at all, it sucks. I'd still go for Photoshop but since you don't like Photoshop why not look for something else, I'm sure that there are enough programs online that can help you on making things.

yes Photoshop has more options to make images look better, but GIMP isnt bad. If you use version 2.6, the interface is user friendly compared to the new updates.

Reaction score
As a industry standard you are expected to know the Adobe Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Photoshop can do a lot of things, however when it comes down to vector art Illustrator will take reign of that. For any productions such as; Leaflets, Magazines, it would be recommended to use InDesign. Remember you can take things from Photoshop/Illustrator and place them within InDesign, however remember that the image seen within InDesign is only a shadow of that image, so put it in a location which you wont move it from/delete.

I would recommend setting up a folder specifically for that project and within that you have a images folder where all the images will be stored (for the InDesign document).

All in all each software has their advantages as well as their disadvantages. Personal opinion of all the softwares will most likely take hold of what you want to use.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I use InDesign to design photobooks/magazine spreads, anything to do with publishing. I use Lightroom for light editing and viewing a shoot with ease. Trust me, this is like the best piece of software ever. Any other editing, more strenuous editing I use photoshop.

I do use these 3 software from a photographers point of view, so Lightroom may not be great from a graphic designer perspective.

Back