Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

'TenderPaw' (robot) ;b

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Done in Groboto + 3ds :).. It was a while since i did not mess with Groboto xd..

ScreamingFox - 'TenderPaw' (robot) ;b - RaGEZONE Forums

(render on Scanline)

Will play around more with it later..

Master Summoner
Reaction score
- its legs definitely need work. The ankle? and the hip bone areas should be pushing "forward." Atm, they are pushed "back." It looks like the torso was smack soo hard it went backwards. The foot area doesnt look like it would support the whole thing. Try making it bigger
- colors can be darker. The only one that looks good is the blue colored one. The green is too light and the red needs to be darker. Imo, the joint areas should have a different color compared to the cannon and cockpit areas.

I guess you can call this a prototype. Needs more work done to it in order for it to go ballistic against the ScreamingFox haters.

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Some parts are weird i think because it was supposed to be quadruped (like a centaur/'wemic'), but i decided that my time would only allow for a biped.. I was supposed to make some 'super claws' also XDD..

I was testing the ballistics and the robot's blasters and 'gravitron' XD

(bomb-proof niobium-vanadium XDD)

But maybe i will mess with some parts, etc :)..

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score
If the legs allowed hovering, then maybe it could support it, but I dont think it would do great. Id still prefer a different green over the current green

Master Summoner
Reaction score
You mean on the 'camouflage'?

No the green in the joint areas. The lime green (i guess its lime). They look like rubber bands used for building LEGOs (if you ever played with them, mainly Bionicles)

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Ah.. they are supposed to be kind of like a 'glowing superconductor'.. those renders are without lightning (since it is only this robot in scene), but this material would 'emissive' and emit light, and have a nice kind of 'natural' effect, especially if there is some 'fog' in the scene..

I made this with the 'video post' effects (on 3ds).. but those are just effects, etc.. On a scene with lightning it would have an entirely different appearance XD..

(the energy kind of travels through the robot's arm and then 'blasts' on the cannon XD)

Master Summoner
Reaction score
ah! i see; now it looks a hell lot better! Forget the parts of changing the color then. Just fix those legs :p

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score

I'm starting a 'performance' rig, to make animations using joystick and a MIDI controller :).. But i still have to make a lot of parameters (to control those parameters on a joystick or MIDI device..).. I made like a third of the parameters and rendered this animation (took the whole night to render :z.. xd)..

(obs: It has a lot of 'exaggerated' parameters, just to test if they were there really =D)

Master Summoner
Reaction score
yea... the video shows those legs "gliding". They need heels! The bending of the legs look weird also. Doesnt look like a usual knee bend

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
The robot walks a little funny like drksage said it needs to look more natural. Oh and btw, I love the models! :)

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
The robot`s walk cycle is a bit faster than it should be :).. And the 'floating' (sideways and up/down) are too strong on this animation (and the formula is wrong.. It is supposed to be bouncin-or-floating and not just 'floating').. It is lacking a lot of parameters for a really nice and easy walk :).. Maybe this weekend i will improve his rig a bit :).. I am also thinking about making some 'matte painting' scene with this robot.. It will render faster and look a lot better =D..

(ah, and its legs have a movement akin to animal (quadruped, or ostrich) legs, not to a bipeds standard motion.. (some futuristic robots have this kind of leg XD))

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I feel like this has been influenced by Titanfall xD

I don't think there is anything wrong with the ankle. Animals rear legs are like this, so why couldn't this work on a robot? Its basically just walking on tip toes.
I think the glow needs work. It seems too abnormal, rather than actually coming from the robot itself.

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
I did not know this 'titanfall' but i am looking some videos about it :).. The models/robots are nice, but their (the (concept) robots themselves)) are technologically inferior to a 'tenderpaw' (those robots are a post modern technology, etc.. mine is more like a sci-fi.. like.. all his parts would have to be '3d printed', it uses 'smart alloys' ,etc, etc.. and using anti-gravity instead of chemical propulsion, etc... XD))..

I am studying a bit about ways to apply some nice glows, etc.. I made some tests on After Effects XD:

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
I made a script to get rid of some problems with the Motion Capture on 3dsMax, so i can 'walk' with the character, like it were a game :)..

Without the script it would be impracticable because of some logistic limitations that are really natural to the transform controllers concepts..

The concepts i used to make this interactive walking require a parametric walking rig (and just that really =D).. Since i made this one to show this rig type and play around, i used this one to test it and worked lovely :).. Now it is only lacking the sideways walking controls and the MIDI implementation.. With the MIDI the controlling will be much richer than what the 'on/off' capabilities of keyboard buttons can offer.. But the 'hardest' part is already done =D..

(Video in Portuguese, but it could be muted really XD (just a demonstration) in this video I use the keyboard to make the character 'walk' =D)

Back