Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

WarZ / Infestation Launcher Design

Reaction score
Hey!
I'd like your opinion on my Launcher design, because I'm not a good Artist and I'm not very creative nor do I know If it looks good. So here it is:

(On the left is the login window which opens first, on the right is the main launcher)

hF3d9uh - WarZ / Infestation Launcher Design - RaGEZONE Forums

Ms5KOZh - WarZ / Infestation Launcher Design - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Input too small, close button too big, old-school gradients though the color scheme seems fine, a huge copyright at the bottom with weird unreadable font, half baked buttons and un-matching social links, un-styled slider buttons, high amount of unnecessary shadow, overall it looks like something you would throw together in a couple of minutes in any graphic editing program.

Sorry if I was rude in any way, you can always keep practicing, or you can post in requests section and I may be able to help you out.

Reaction score
First thanks for your honest opinion, Yep the input fields are too small, but I resize them as I make the C++ behind it. Old school gradients? The copyright is only for posting the images ;). I don't understand what you mean with "half baked buttons". The social Icons.. Ye. I don't had any ideas what to make them... Unnecessary shadow? What do you mean with that? In a couple of minutes? As a noob certainly not :D.

Reaction score
Over all the text is too big, would recommend reducing them a lot. The social buttons don't tie in with the general theme of the launcher either. Layout is alright however you have a lot of dead space in the lower left hand corner. Personally I think the gradients are a little too obvious, reduce them a bit :)!

Reaction score
Every single element on your launcher has a shadow, though most of it can't be seen due to the dark background. That's what I call unnecessary shadow. Half baked buttons - text on your buttons are not centered, also they are just simple rounded shapes with a gradient on it, which isn't quite well done either. Probably would look better if you would drop the infestation font or whatever font that wants to be.

The slider has a huge amount of inner shadow. I would either change the overlay to Soft light, or decrease the opacity greatly. Oldschool gradient is the orange you're using on your buttons. It doesn't seem like a modern button to me.

Reaction score
Cyndaquil thanks for your feedback I'll make the text smaller, I knew that the social buttons don't fit, but thanks for pointing it out!

Mucski:
Actually nothing has shadow except for the buttons (X button included), the progress bar and the slider thingy. Everything is done via gradient^^

For the buttons I'd liked to have something like:
gudhSmN - WarZ / Infestation Launcher Design - RaGEZONE Forums

But I didn't really know how to do it :/.
The font actually doesn't have anything to do with WarZ, and to be honest I really didn't liked it either. But as I said earlier didn't really knew how to do it.

Attachments

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Cyndaquil thanks for your feedback I'll make the text smaller, I knew that the social buttons don't fit, but thanks for pointing it out!

Mucski:
Actually nothing has shadow except for the buttons (X button included), the progress bar and the slider thingy. Everything is done via gradient^^

For the buttons I'd liked to have something like:
gudhSmN - WarZ / Infestation Launcher Design - RaGEZONE Forums

But I didn't really know how to do it :/.
The font actually doesn't have anything to do with WarZ, and to be honest I really didn't liked it either. But as I said earlier didn't really knew how to do it.
Honestly those buttons are even becoming outdated. It is simply better to go with a completely flat UI in most scenarios. Make the typography on the button be the driving graphic force, the 3D look just isn't in at the moment.

The Guild Wars II has a good example of a modern take on a basic launcher.
Thin; flat; minimalistic. That is what modern design is all about. Don't worry about putting too much information on the launcher itself, and if really need it, a 16x16 icon or text does just fine. Having 4 32x32 or 64x64 icons on your launcher just makes it seem cluttered.

GigaToni - WarZ / Infestation Launcher Design - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Back