Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[WIP] SpaceWarped Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hello, my dear space lovers!

I just wanted to show you some progress with my online first-person space combat game.

Now remember this is only the lobby where you get in your star-ship to explore the distant solar system or/and search for 6v6 "Arenas".

Waiting forward to play this game with you!

LegalSin(scam) - [WIP] SpaceWarped Online - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here is another set of screenshots with some of the ships:

Please give some feedback if you have time!

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
I'm only giving UI feedback as this section is the portfolio.

Just a little thing that irritates me is the "Remember Me" Checkbox in the first screenshot of the first post.

It's kinda smashed against the Quit button. See if you can make the box larger and keep some decent spacing between the Quit button and the border of the box.

Consistency-wise, put the $ at price and credit at the same side it'll look alot cleaner (put the $ sign before the numbers on both)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thank you Ben!

Btw is there any other forum place where i could post this game and post updates and etc

Put Community First
Reaction score
Looks good! Keep up the good work. Are you writing the engine or using Unity/UE4? Obviously writing your own engine would have taken AGES but it still doesn't stop people as it's a cool challenge, so I might as well ask ;).

One question I have from a developer standpoint - do you have 'unique' (as unique as possible, bit hard these days lol) features that are you considering adding?

I don't need to know what they are, haha, keep them secret to try and help launch your game, I only ask because it looks like you're building a good platform, but there are also a LOT of shooters, so do you have some mechanics in the works to try and separate it from a lot of others? I'm always interested in meeting more devs and just chatting about the headaches and fun that comes from developing games from scratch, so it will be good to build some chat here :).

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi, fallenfate!

In fact I do have some nice futures, please note that the game is not a shooter is in fact a space combat simulation with real scale spaceships.
What you see there the person with the gun is just the interactive game lobby.
As for the game engine I am using Unity 2017 for client and for servers C# stand alone application.
Networking...I am using TCP to deliver important information's and UDP for non important information's.

Thank you for asking!

Put Community First
Reaction score
Ah, nice. So you're going to have 1:1 scale battleships and fighters battle it out, is there any scouting or searching for enemies to engage? Or is it similar to a bridge simulation game where you'll use the lobby to have 1v1, 2v2 etc and just spawn in close proximity, run into ships immediately and battle? Will players board the enemy vessels after dropping the enemy shields and try to sabotage it from within, etc?

Sounds like you have a good plan going and the game is proceeding nicely. Keep the topic updated, will be interesting to see how you go :).

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In my opinion this will look nice on your desktop... but maybe is just me! Please let me know what you think.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The video is kinda laggy because bandicam operates at 30 FPS and the game runs at 60 but you can clearly see that network Prediction + interpolation + Reconciliation Looks good!

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As the game is developing slow and steady i just realized that...

Hello again, I just want to to let you know that I am not trying to make a game clone in any way... but I am so obsessed with this games that unintentionally i made the game play seams like your playing freelancer or starlancer on multiplayer... and i mean the combat system and the feeling.

How do you feel about this?

Thank you!

Put Community First
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Freelancer so I think it's good if you can incorporate some of FL's style of movement into the game. A lot of people like the flight model it uses.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yes, I too a fan of Freelancer and having many online money making tricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back