Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Woodlands (study) WIP =D

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
"Woodlands" i made for 'exterior' render studies.. It was inspired on a forest by a friend but mostly inspired by some artworks from a book called "A Free Spirit: In Irish Art"..

It was supposed to be only 'full 3d' trees but my PC just could not handle it XDD..

ScreamingFox - Woodlands (study) WIP =D - RaGEZONE Forums

(first test render for the little stones positioning (positioning logistics) and procedural clouds ('procedural' 3d volume creating formula..)

(testing with the 'transparency trees')

Edit: Yeah, the tree.. that one with a more clear hue... It is sucky really.. i will improve it or remove it... XDD

Will 'lvl it up' tomorrow XDD =D..

Edit: It is 'briefly' explained... but it is probably the 'most hardware intense' render i have ever made XDD... (if it were with the full 3d 'fill' trees (some 'not so too good trees (game type)' that i was using.. but each one of those trees was like 90k polys XDD).. I just had to use the 'transparency' ('sprite' (2,5D) technique) trees or not make it at all.. (XD)

Edit:

Some little corrections and texture on ground..and little boy fishing..

Last edited:
Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Those trees are 'cardboard' ('sprite' 2d tree on a plane), i am making the 3d trees to put there, in the end those cardboard tress will be more of an 'background'..

Edit: Starting the trees:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Idealistic, Masterpiece, Impressive, Epic, Genius, Professional... so many words i can say but nothing can describe that... amazing job <3

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
Thanks..

But it is not that good really... But i get to learn a lot of ways to create trees and vegetation and some things that are useful for game maps too.. xd..

I am making a render with the beginning of the grass and ivies.. I am thinking of making a herb like stramonium or belladonna to put in some places.. and i will also make some mushrooms.. The trees on the other side will all be `tall` ones xd..

Edit: The trees and grass and ivies.. I will edit some stuff on the grass and make some other grass types to create some variation..

Edit: With the ivies and 'final' grass on some parts xd...

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Its looking good man! I really do like watching the whole thing come together. Will be nice to see the final outcome.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i disagree, this is more than "good".. and if you're able to make maps/backgrounds for a maplestory private server game please contact me ^_^ thanks!

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
I think that i could do some stuff like that.. If you would be kind to send me some example.. I think it is kind of a super wide Aspect Ratio image with some layers, like some old games, if it is it, i suppose i could do it.. So let me try to do a fast one for you with no cost.. just send me an functional example :)..

But i am also meditating about my new sword + spear collection (i still have the old one (only Japanese) entitled 'the ScreamingFox's Ten Thousand Swords and Hundred Thousand Spears', but it is kind of sloppy, but a very good starting point indeed (far better than starting with a cube, etc..)).. I made one some while ago, for Japanese swords and spears, but now i am thinking of making it 'again' (correct/replace the bad ones, etc..) plus with Medieval European Swords and Polearms parts.. On this new one the Japanese will be improved from the last one (plus all will have low and high versions) and it will have the Medieval European sword and polearms parts.. For the swords i will use the Oakeshott's (a man who spent a good a part of life studying swords) topology for the blades and some other studies for the handle and pommel.. For the polearms it is an intense and wide research since the Medieval European Polearms are a very rich subject..

Last edited:
Back