Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server Setup Guide (Complete)

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Dragon Raja server installation guide by: FiberOptics

First off, you will need to download the files to setup a server located at:

Next, you will need to download Microsoft SQL Server located at:

Once you have downloaded the server files, extract them to your C: drive. (To make it so there is less to do, extract it so that the absolute path to your server is: C:\drserver).

Once you have done that, it is time to install MSSQL. To install the Database (once it is downloaded), extract the downloaded file to anywhere on your computer. It will create a folder called SQLEVAL, go into this folder and open AutoRun.exe.
Next, click "SQL Server 2000 Components." After that, choose "Install Database Server." The first thing it will ask you is if you want it to run from. Keep it at default, Local Computer. The next step, choose "Create a new instance of SQL Server," then click Next. The next step just click Next again. Next step is just the TOS, just click Yes. The next step will ask you what you want to instal, choose the middle option, "Server and Client Tools." The next step will ask you if you want to create a default installation or create a new instance. Keep it at "default," then click Next. The next step asks what type of installation you want, just keep it at typical and click next. The next step, just click "Use the local system account under Service Settings, then click Next. The last step asks you for an authentication mode, keep it at default "Windows authentication mode then click Next. Click Next once again. Now you have your SQL Server setup.

Now once you are done setup, your database should be correctly setup. To make sure it is started, go to Start > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server > Service Manager. Once Service Manager is opened, click the green arrow. If the arrow is greyed out, then it should already be running. Now you have to setup your database for the Dragon Raja server. To do this, click Start > All Programs > Microsoft SQL Server > Enterprise Manager.

Once the Enterprice Manager opens, double click Microsoft SQL Servers in the left pane (or just click the plus sign), then click the plus for the SQL Server Group, lastly click the plus once again for the actual database server. Now you are going to have to create your three databases for the Dragon Raja server. To do this, right click Databases and choose "New Database" and type DragonRajaDB then click OK. Do this for the other two databases that are associated with the Dragon Raja server files (the other two are ChrLogDB, and TotalDB).

Right click the newly created DragonRajaDB, go to All Tasks, then click Restore Database. Once the Restore Database dialogue boxs pops up, click the "From device" radio button. After that is done, click "Select Devices," once that is done click "Add." When the Add box pops up, click the ellipses button (the ... button). Now it will bring up a box to choose the database files, these files are located (if you installed your server to C:\drserver), they are located in C:\drserver\data\DATABASENAME. Now since you are restoring the DragonRajaDB, choose the DragonRajaDB and click OK, then OK once again. Now you will be back at the first dialogue box, click the options tab at the top and make sure "Force restore over existing database" is checked. Then you have to make sure the FIRST "move to physical file name" field, points to your
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\NAME_Data.MDF (Where NAME equals the database you are restoring. For example, since we are currently restoring DragonRajaDB, you need to make sure your physical file name is pointed to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\DragonRajaDB_Data.MDF). Next there is a second field under "Move to physical file name." Make this second field point to
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Data\NAME_Log.LDF (Since we are working with DragonRajaDB, make the name in the path DragonRajaDB_Log.LDF. Once this is done, click OK and it should restore.

Do the previous paragraph again, except substitute anywhere that it says: DragonRajaDB for ChrLogDB. Once that is done do the previous paragraph yet once again, except do it for TotalDB.

Now we need to set up your ODBC. Click Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools then double click Data Sources when the box opens, click the tab that says: System DSN, then click "Add," then choose SQL server from the scroll down box then a box will pop up with "Name, Description, and Server." For Name type DragonRajaDB, for description type anything and for server, hit the scroll down and choose your SQL server (you can choose local if you want) then click Next until you hit a box that at the top it says "Default database," when this appears, scroll down to the right database (since we are configuring the DragonRajaDB System DSN, choose DragonRajaDB from the scroll down list as a default database... Click next until your done. Do this for the other Databases (TotalDB and ChrLogDB).

Once this is all done, you have your Databases correctly setup (hopefully). Next we move on to configuring the server files with the correct IP Address information. Open up your C:\drserver folder, then open the folder called PROXY. Once the PROXY folder is opened, open the proxyserver.ini file in notepad. Now you have to change all of the IP Addresses to your own (Open start, then run, then type cmd. Once the CMD prompt opens, type IP Config, it will then give you your IP Address). Once you edit all of the IP addresses then save the file and close it (A fast way to edit the IP's is to click Edit, then Replace, in "Find What, type 192.168.1.4, in the Replace field, type your own IP address, then click replace all). Now once you have closed that file, go to the DBDemon directory located in your main drserver directory. Open DBDemon.ini and do the same thing as previously done with the proxy .ini file; edit all of the IP's to your IP (again, you can use the replace method). Once this file is saved go to the Agent directory in the main directory of your drserver folder. Open the agentserver.ini file in notepad and edit all of the IP's, then save and close it. Now go to the map folder in your main drserver directory and open mapserver.ini, edit all the IP's then save and close it. Now in that same directory you will see folders named as numbers such as: 5000, 5580, 5610, ect. These folders are just other maps. Now once all of the editing of the server is done, go to your main drserver directory and load up in this order; Proxy.exe located in Proxy folder (you will have to wait until the proxy server FULLY loads, it takes about 3 minutes to fully load. You will know when it fully loads because it stops broadcasting stuff on the prompt), DBDemon.exe located in the DBDemon folder, Agent.exe located in the Agent folder, finally, the mapserver.exe located in the map folder or any of those numbered sub folders in the map folder.

Now you should have a fully running server (taken that you didn't get any errors).

I promised I would fix this guide up, sorry, I've been sick the last couple weeks.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got the lastest version of the SQL which is SQL 2005 so I don't have a Enterprise Manager under my SQL Folder. Does that mean that my version is too high to download these. IF so, should I uninstall SQL 2005 and reinstall SQL 2000? If so, please let me and know and I will appricate it.

thx
lone

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
NOTE: when proxy server complety fully load, press F5. if not press F5 cant enter in dragonraja ( error msg server in update ) :D

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
superalien said:
NOTE: when proxy server complety fully load, press F5. if not press F5 cant enter in dragonraja ( error msg server in update ) :D

Yep, he's right.

Also, make sure to register the bat files in the 4DyuchiDll folder.

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I made the guide in like 10 minutes for someone and there is bound to be mistakes. If you find any mistakes, please tell Locust, as I am sure he will be willing to correct them =P

Some things that I forgot to mention were:

-Press F5 when the proxy is being loaded.
-Also make sure you load the two batch files in the 4DyuchiDll folder.

Also before people start to post on these forums about the infamous "Item Plant error," I will post how I fixed it (some of the solutions posted on these forums did not work for me). Instead I had to use a combination of solutions. To fix this annoying error, I did what someone else mentioned in the "Developing a DR server" thread. What I did was create a new Database called TestDB, then I restored the DragonRajaDB to the newly created TestDB. After that I simply deleted the DragonRajaDB and recreated it, once it was recreated, I used the import tool to import the tables from the TestDB into the recreated DragonRajaDB. After that I used a few queries that happen to be on these forums, then DBDemon worked without the "Item Plant error." The query that will help fix this error, are posted in the "DragonRaja Server Developement" thread, on the second page.

Lonestar2005 said:
I got the lastest version of the SQL which is SQL 2005 so I don't have a Enterprise Manager under my SQL Folder. Does that mean that my version is too high to download these. IF so, should I uninstall SQL 2005 and reinstall SQL 2000? If so, please let me and know and I will appricate it.

thx
lone
I have not personally used Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (as it requires WindowsXP Pro, SP2). However you should definately be able to use that version of the program. Unfortunately I can't be much support to you on that version since I have not used it ever.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
is there a link to the client used in this server? are there gm commands? also wanted to know; are there a lot of bugs in this or everything is going well?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I uninstall SQL 2005, and reinstall 2000, but I"m having problems installing it. Messages like you don't have SQL 2000 in your machine and others. I'm so mad because I might've uninstall someting from 2005 uninstallations!!! URGG.. can someone give a good link to go download SQL 2000? is that the good SQL for Mu 97d+99?

thx
lone

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Lonestar2005 said:
I uninstall SQL 2005, and reinstall 2000, but I"m having problems installing it. Messages like you don't have SQL 2000 in your machine and others. I'm so mad because I might've uninstall someting from 2005 uninstallations!!! URGG.. can someone give a good link to go download SQL 2000? is that the good SQL for Mu 97d+99?

thx
lone

I really don't want to comment on MU, but yes. As for SQL 2000, you have to unpack it, then install it; I believe that is your problem, not installing it that is.

J

jy00941385

i cant download the server at what u given

would some one kind give me another link plz, or send it to me vis msn or some tools plz

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that. Here is the proper link to download Microsoft SQL Server 2000:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Wut to do next?

I managed to set up MSSQL 2000, made all the databases, did fine with the ODBC part, changed all the ips......And then i start up the server, and all servers are good and ready to go, but I don't know what to do next. I'm so noob. Can you anyone help me on wut to do next? By the way, I also installed WampSever, but don't know wut to do? Am I suppose to get free website, is so? how and how do I link my stuff into website?

need help badly!!
thx
lone

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Once you are finished setting up all the .exe's (Proxy, DBDemon, Agent, and the MapServers), then you have to put your IP Address where all of the IP's are in the dragon.ini file. You also have to make an account to play in, there are two pre-made accounts; boss1, and boss2 (the passwords are also boss1 or boss2).

The following is a query to make an account so you do not have to do it manually (credit goes to bbblack for showing me this query). The query is as follows:

SELECT MAX(id_index) AS 'maxid' FROM chr_log_info
INSERT INTO chr_log_info (id_index, login_id, passwd, passwd_hint, d_sex, d_jumin, d_kyulje) VALUES(maxid, 'accname', 'password', 'passwordhint', 'sex', '111111-111111', 319

Just put this in "Query Analyser," then change the values you need to. For "maxid," put a 3 (because this is the third account that will be made), also every time you do this query, make the number a increment of 1. So the next query you will put 4 for maxid. accname is obvious, just put your account name. Password is also obvious, also PasswordHint is pretty Obvious. For "sex," put a 1 or a 0. Leave '111111-111111' alone, and also leave 319 alone (don't need to change that). Then all you have to do is use the scroll down box at the top and choose TotalDB (this is where the chr_log_info table is stored) and execute it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did slightly different query for account making, you don't have to increase id_index. its buggy, because don't check if account you want to create already exists. someone knows how to do it? I have >100 accts by now and its going to be a problem for me :p

Code:
insert into chr_log_info (id_index, login_id, passwd, d_sex, d_jumin, d_kyulje, bill_point, event1, event2, event3, event4, event5, event6, event7, event8, event9, event10, JF, QX) (select max(id_index)+1, 
'login', 'password', 0, '666-666', 319, 30, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'A' from chr_log_info)

just change login/password and press f5 in your TotalDB query analyzer.

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
voicer said:
I did slightly different query for account making, you don't have to increase id_index. its buggy, because don't check if account you want to create already exists. someone knows how to do it? I have >100 accts by now and its going to be a problem for me :p

Code:
insert into chr_log_info (id_index, login_id, passwd, d_sex, d_jumin, d_kyulje, bill_point, event1, event2, event3, event4, event5, event6, event7, event8, event9, event10, JF, QX) (select max(id_index)+1, 
'login', 'password', 0, '666-666', 319, 30, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 'A' from chr_log_info)

just change login/password and press f5 in your TotalDB query analyzer.

The only thing with that, is it is putting unnecessary information in the Chr_Log_Info table. You don't need half of that stuff to make an account.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is there another download link for the files please, cant download anything from rapidshare.

Thanks!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a probleme, I cant launch proxy.exe, agent.exe ...
The proxy log file said that after i tried to launch it:
A < 8:15:51> FAILED : NO DLL IN THAT SYSTEM
C < 8:15:51> Deleting ProxyServer Resources...
C < 8:15:51> *** PROXY SERVER Finished Successfully.

And others crash...
How can I fix it?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i have same prob

when i try to start DB or proxy or any of the .exe it gives me a windows error and wont let me start the server how can i fix this i have windowsXP professional

Back