Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server Setup Guide (Complete)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
FiberOptics said:
Here is another link to the files that I just uploaded:

Why the files are larger size more than file from topic owner

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
prdgroup said:
Why the files are larger size more than file from topic owner

That is probably because I could not find the original files to post on filefront. Therefore I just took my files and re-rared them and they have a few extra .exe's. Sorry about that.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i tried to modified many script , have error when i run there map. I hope anyone will share files are most complete script too me soon.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Geez, even more complete files? I downloaded them, followed the (old .txt) guide and my server was complete and running. There's nothing more to add o_O

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh god , teacher giving homework to childen , but doen't advice them.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have new error. When i start MapServer.exe .
this messeng from popup error.
*********FAILED !! 'reguital_item' QuestTable!

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
bbblack said:
Geez, even more complete files? I downloaded them, followed the (old .txt) guide and my server was complete and running. There's nothing more to add o_O

You don't realize that the other guide posted is not very clear. I was able to follow it but there are a lot of people that have trouble following the other guide. And obviously people so far can follow this one easier (to tell you the truth, I am not sure how because it's mostly words, no graphics), so in the end, it was worth making my own guide.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
guide helped me, I have a working server now but the only problem is i dont know how to make a GameMaster and the Tag that goes on top of your name stating your GM. Can anyone help me with that plz

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
"The name that goes above your name stating you're a GM," what do you mean by this? Are you talking about a guild that a GM may make for all the GM's?

Put your account in the gm_table. I beleive you have to also put it in the AccessAbleGMTOOLIpAddress table located in your chrlogdb.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
After press F5, Fail in my picture
locust - Server Setup Guide (Complete) - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Fiber, maybe it's the way it's supposed to be. Who can't understand how to create the easiest processes or whatever for DR, is not predestined to have a server ^~^.

@PeterBean dont worry, it just cant find files that are not really necessary for the gamee

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
bbblack said:
Fiber, maybe it's the way it's supposed to be. Who can't understand how to create the easiest processes or whatever for DR, is not predestined to have a server ^~^.

@PeterBean dont worry, it just cant find files that are not really necessary for the gamee

Ok, don't start turning like Spherix and Thralas (no offense). Don't get me wrong, Spherix and Thralas do their share of helping people at our present day, but as soon as they a question that's a bit simple they don't really pose any help. The ony thing that makes me angry about these forums is when people say; "People who can't set one up in 1.111111 seconds shouldn't have a server." Do you realize that a lot of the people who actually try to set one up don't even speak fluent English?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Fiber, do you realize that most of the people that try to set up a serv don't give a damn about already answered questions or a little bit of own researches? That's the way it is, look through the threads. I am willing to share my knowledge, it's not that much anyway, but not to people that do really give a damn about things like that, who need to have a 1-click-exe and the servers done. That's the reason why Spherix and Thralas often don't post answers I suppose, and I can understand.

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
bbblack said:
Fiber, do you realize that most of the people that try to set up a serv don't give a damn about already answered questions or a little bit of own researches? That's the way it is, look through the threads. I am willing to share my knowledge, it's not that much anyway, but not to people that do really give a damn about things like that, who need to have a 1-click-exe and the servers done. That's the reason why Spherix and Thralas often don't post answers I suppose, and I can understand.

I understand why people don't reply to answeres already answered numerous times. Does that make it good to tell people; "don't even bother making a server?" By the way: If Thralas and Spherix won't contribute to the developement of DR (which includes the development of other peoples servers), then shouldn't even post. When they say stuff such as "Don't make a server," it doesn't show any contribution to the community at all.
It doesn't really matter anyways, lets try not to make this thread a "talk only" thread, lets try to keep it constructive.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
FiberOptics said:
but as soon as they a question that's a bit simple they don't really pose any help.

This is just another example of people trying to setup a server while they don't even know basic client settings, such as the dragon.ini file, which if you had basic knowledge of this kind of things, you would know .ini files are setting files (Even windows gives that discription) :

PeterBean said:
How do make connect client to my server (use LAN IP) ?

To questions like these, I feel like saying 'Press Log In in the game', instead of answering a question they could find out within less then 2 minutes of research in the clients area.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i guess the correct answer should be hamachi or how this tool is named, never used.

about sharing and helping, i think there's too few people sharing what they did/do... I can count these persons on 1 hand fingers, rest is just waiting and don't bother to try do something on their own, or just dont want to share it, and because of that, every person doing server and knows .ini / sql etc. have to do the same things to set it up and make it working. It could be faster & simpler if we share what we do and don't repeat the work... its a good programmers behavior we should take opportunity to.

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Spherix said:
This is just another example of people trying to setup a server while they don't even know basic client settings, such as the dragon.ini file, which if you had basic knowledge of this kind of things, you would know .ini files are setting files (Even windows gives that discription) :

To questions like these, I feel like saying 'Press Log In in the game', instead of answering a question they could find out within less then 2 minutes of research in the clients area.

I do agree with the fact that some people do ask questions that are basic or been answered quite a few times before. But don't forget, no one is born knowing everything. When I started working with the DragonRajaDB and the files, I knew what the .ini's were for, but only because I hosted servers for other games. This may be some peoples first time working with any type of server for a game, so you can't expect for everyone to know everything.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
voicer said:
its a good programmers behavior we should take opportunity to.

I study programming and databases at school, and the best way to learn is to do it yourself, do research, and do it over and over again, sharing information is a good behaviour, except if you work in teams, or companies which do not want theyre information to be out in the open.

Are you even a programmer yourself, or more of a scriptkiddie?

Back