Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server Setup Guide (Complete)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you have to know, i graduate with master of science degree at one of polish local university (computer science) with speciality in developing artificial intelligence based on neural networks. Am i script kiddie? When i know that somewhere, someone have the same source i want to create, then yes. I just see no point of doing the same when i could save time.

Doing all yourself is good when you are learning, true, but when you already know programming, its pointless.

Ofcourse i do not expect sources from companies, like: Hey, Blizzard, give me all WOW sources you have :) I rather meant small things we all talk about here.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You only prove my point more ;) You say that when someone is experienced, it might be worth it but it's better to learn for new people else it's pointless, and see what kind of question we're getting here?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have a few questions, if anybody would be kind enough to answer.

1. How to make Renus map?

2. How do I edit tactics?

3. How do I make rare item?

4. How do I add item to inventory?

5. How to make guild?

6. How to change to dual class without doing quest?

Sorry if these have been already asked...T-T;

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
map problem

untitled1 - Server Setup Guide (Complete) - RaGEZONE Forums

HELP ME

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Me too, i think map not connect to server ! How do fix ? Please help us !
Problem can attach below :
locust - Server Setup Guide (Complete) - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
greentea said:
I have a few questions, if anybody would be kind enough to answer.

1. How to make Renus map?

2. How do I edit tactics?

3. How do I make rare item?

4. How do I add item to inventory?

5. How to make guild?

6. How to change to dual class without doing quest?

Sorry if these have been already asked...T-T;

1. "Make" the map?
2. Already been answered, browse the forum.
3. Mostly by editing the attributes at guild_item.
4. \
5. Create a guild yourself with signets is best, guild is some harder to make with SQL.
6. Dual class is too hard to explain, you could just change the NPCs.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have this problem when mapserver.exe loaded it is closed then it show this message in Log File in map folder.

Code:
C <21:20:11>  F1 : Server Status
C <21:20:11>  F5 : Re-Load a part of 'GameServerData'
C <21:20:11> ESC : Exit
A <21:20:11> CLottoSystem::LoadTable() No data!!!!!.....Please Make One Data
C <21:20:12> @@ Trying to connect PROXY Server ...
C <21:20:12> [SUCCESS TO CONNECT] PROXY SERVER Server 192.168.0.1(3001)
C <21:20:12> ** MAP SERVER Server(5570) Under Destroy Process(by <ERROR>)
B <21:20:12> Saving Player Datas on DATABASE
A <21:20:12> -- Now 0 connections are saved (160/800)
A <21:20:12> -- Now 0 connections are saved (320/800)
A <21:20:12> -- Now 0 connections are saved (480/800)
A <21:20:12> -- Now 0 connections are saved (640/800)
A <21:20:12> -- Total 0 connections are saved (800:800)
C <21:20:12> PROXY SERVER(1/3001) Has Lost Connection.
C <21:20:12> -- MapServer ShutDown :: Now Release SQL
C <21:20:12> -- MapServer ShutDown :: Now Release INetwork Module, ServerTable
C <21:20:12> -- MapServer Shutdown :: Now Release Console and Log Resources

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
bbblack said:
1. "Make" the map?
2. Already been answered, browse the forum.
3. Mostly by editing the attributes at guild_item.
4. \
5. Create a guild yourself with signets is best, guild is some harder to make with SQL.
6. Dual class is too hard to explain, you could just change the NPCs.

Darn, I wanted to find a lazy way out T_T I suppose I'll edit NPCs to sell signets? XD

Thanks though =)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
endomilik said:
Spherix do u have a server?

I know voicer do have a server -.- but cant afk at all :O even at training ground LOL

/

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Ok, here go my questions:

1- can we put the different mapservers in separate computers?
2- i can connect wth the "boss1" and "boss2" account but i get a version error wth the account I created. i used this to create it:

SELECT MAX(id_index) AS 'maxid' FROM chr_log_info
INSERT INTO chr_log_info (id_index, login_id, passwd, passwd_hint, d_sex, d_jumin, d_kyulje) VALUES(3, 'MuRdOc', 'notgonnatell', 'cucu', '1', '111111-111111', 319

I was led to understand by some posts in this topic that this happens due to the lack of GM rights of this account. Can I just give GM rights to everyone that registers in the server? wouldn't they be able to mess around wth GM commands? If I can how can I do it?

3- Can you give a brief explanation of the other folders in the files and their contents, like the "gmclient" folder and "Billing".

Thank you in advance for answering.

PS.: If you are planning to answer wth stupid retorts about how noob I am, just keep your thoughts to yourself and stfu.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can i change collation name of database for support other language ? and how to do that ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@MuRdOc
1. Sure, if they can connect to each other, but that's a little harder I guess. :)
2. There's a hexed dbdemon around without a need to put accounts into gmtable. Otherwise, you could script yourself a little script that regularily checks the account and puts them into gmtable.
3. GMclient is more than clear I hope, billingserver is just for p2p servers, so just forget and/or delete it.

P.S.: You are soooooooooooooooo noob XP

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
/edit by voicer:

as this dbdemon is for client that was made by Spherix, i decided to delete it. I'll make new one by my own and then i will put on the net client/server complete files to work with.

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score
bbblack said:
@MuRdOc
1. Sure, if they can connect to each other, but that's a little harder I guess. :)
2. There's a hexed dbdemon around without a need to put accounts into gmtable. Otherwise, you could script yourself a little script that regularily checks the account and puts them into gmtable.
3. GMclient is more than clear I hope, billingserver is just for p2p servers, so just forget and/or delete it.

P.S.: You are soooooooooooooooo noob XP

lol thx for answering :)

i'll try to find that hexed dbdemon...

Edit:

I have this problem now, I have my server hosted in a computer on my network andi can connect to the server, but other ppl who tried, when they enter the user and pass, they disappear (the user and pass, not the person), and, according to them, the client does nothing. In my router I redirected TCP and UDP ports 9001 9002 9003 9004 and 5000 and still it won't work...

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
voicer, one question, how can I imagine "party chat on enter"?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
you press enter key, and have normal chat. press tab, to have guild chat, and once more - for party chat :p i may wrote that what you quote quite uncorrect english, well... now its ok i guess :p

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
voicer said:
you press enter key, and have normal chat. press tab, to have guild chat, and once more - for party chat :p i may wrote that what you quote quite uncorrect english, well... now its ok i guess :p

Feature from our client ;)

Master Summoner
Reaction score
voicer said:
here's my modified DbDemon, made from source, not by hexediting. Whats changed:

- works with most recent client (fixed hp bar in party, party chat on enter key)
- works with recent gmtool (you have to add GMtool ip to AccessAbleGMTOOL table in ChrLogDB base, if you don't have that table, create it, same kind like AccessAbleGMTOOLIpAddr)
- this version do NOT allow gmclients to log in, if they aren't added to table described above.
- this version IGNORE My_code, but do NOT ignore versions, so it may not work with older clients.

tested, doesn't work, when we log out it doesn't update the chars stats or lvl or exp.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Spherix said:
Feature from our client ;)

has to be, coz you're the only one with the client sources...

Murdoc: i'll figure it out tomorrow, i tested it on my files and it worked/updated, the problem must be with other server files.

Back