Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to add Sound Effect for Ejecting Drive like USB & CD

Be a kicker than cheater.
Reaction score
Is there a way to add sound effect for ejecting drives like USB, CD-R and DVD-R?

I hope there is.

IDK if I am posting in the correct Forum Section. Sorry if this is incorrect, if yes, kindly move my thread post. Thank you.

Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score
You could do this within windows itself.. within the configuration for hardware and sound, there is a option to change or modify system sounds with your own.. you can do this for hardware connect and disconnect for example and browse for your own wave sound file and add it this way..

hope it helps you further :)

p.s. i do not think this was the correct section but who am i to judge :D haha a mod will move it probably if its not in the right section.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Catch the start and the end of the process. You could use the Windows API for that.
Just run a background program which does the hunt. Another option would be that you "unbind" the main windows usb/ports support and write your own "driver". Go with C/Assembly.

To output a sound for file copying/moving you only can try to catch the process. You'll run into trouble when you "unbind" that.

Back