Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Arduino

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here at RageZone has tried making anything with Arduino? I'm starting out with an Arduino Mega board and a few parts (from China ;) and will eventually switch to something more powerful later on.

Anyone else have experience or are interested in trying it out?

(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here at RageZone has tried making anything with Arduino? I'm starting out with an Arduino Mega board and a few parts (from China ;) and will eventually switch to something more powerful later on.

Anyone else have experience or are interested in trying it out?

I have arduino mega compatible board. It's really nice.
I played with some sensors, led, and servos.

I plan to work more with it once I get my rasperry pi.
Idea is to dump it all into a car.

It is a good idea to get shitload of misc parts.
Relays, wiring, breadboards, motors, transistors, capacitors, etc.

You plan to use it for a project or just play around? :)

Reaction score
I got one ;D, It's really epic.
Just bussy with a led-cube 8x8x8 (512 leds), it's so huge O,O

Lol, sounds like a lot of work.

Do you guys have any projects you can show me? I plan on taking some pics/videos of things I make and adding them to my blog. A little idea or insight is just what I'm looking for ;)

I've messed around with my Uncle's Arduino, but only had an hour of time since I was trying to visit all of my family in a week... So I know what it is, and how to add components and how to write a few lines of code or w/e, but I obviously never had the chance to let my imagination go wild.

Also, Software gets boring after a while, and something like this can be really cool to play with. I suggest Arduino to people even though I don't have one, lol. But it's coming Monday xD Fun, fun.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Make sure you have a lot of components to control etc etc.

Also, some basic is also needed to plug in the components.
You can easily burn something or it will break if you put it to high voltage.

And ledcube is indeed allot of work, But fun :p

Reaction score
I have arduino mega compatible board. It's really nice.
I played with some sensors, led, and servos.

I plan to work more with it once I get my rasperry pi.
Idea is to dump it all into a car.

It is a good idea to get shitload of misc parts.
Relays, wiring, breadboards, motors, transistors, capacitors, etc.

You plan to use it for a project or just play around? :)

That's funny, because I actually had suggested that Spence used Raspberry Pi ^_^

(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Reaction score
That's funny, because I actually had suggested that Spence used Raspberry Pi ^_^

I think Raspberry Pi is more for Advanced coding, such as server, complicated stuff. Where is arduino can be programmed to turn on/off relays/switches, dim lights and poop.

Can't wait to actually get Raspberry Pi

Reaction score
I think Raspberry Pi is more for Advanced coding, such as server, complicated stuff. Where is arduino can be programmed to turn on/off relays/switches, dim lights and poop.

You can build pretty cool things with the Arduino. For things that might use the amount of computer power as a 10-inch tablet, something like the Raspberry PI might be needed. I read around that there isn't as much documentation and less of a community for the Raspberry- which makes a huge difference.

I will definitely check it out later, atm I want to learn the basics enough to build a small robot. I didn't buy a kit because.. yeah, I got cheap parts >>

We'll see where it takes me. :D:

So far I got push buttons, and I rush-shipped an Arduino Uno v3 because I couldn't wait for the Mega to show up. I sure hope the mega is v3.. hm..

Anyway, I'll have an Uno and push buttons on Monday, what can I make with that? My lights are taking forever to show up

Reaction score

In one of my classes for next year's fall semester, we're required to buy a Raspberry Pi and we're going to be coding our own Linux OS on it. I'm so excited it's not even funny.

Reaction score
I never really understood how this kinda stuff works. It seems interesting, definitely something i would try

I think Arduino will be great for someone like you. Definitely get one and don't think about it. Here's a good kit shipping straight from Canada:

Reaction score
I think Arduino will be great for someone like you. Definitely get one and don't think about it. Here's a good kit shipping straight from Canada:

Someone like me? Hope thats a good thing :love:

I ordered one.. How long do you think it will be? I just ordered something I have no clue what the duck is. Crap.. LOL :/:

Reaction score
Someone like me? Hope thats a good thing :love:

I ordered one.. How long do you think it will be? I just ordered something I have no clue what the duck is. Crap.. LOL :/:

It's a good thing. Um, I'm not sure how long it will take, but that vendor is listed as an official Arduino Distributor and it's in your country (if ur in Canada), so hopefully not too long.

(oO (||||) (||||) Oo)
Reaction score
I would suggest buying a board from official distributors or branded arduino compitable board. As for the tools kit, you can get bunch of resistors/capacitors/etc from ebay for a good price. Same goes for relays, switches, lights, etc.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just saw this on reddit and thought it might benefit you guys:

Back