Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Basic/standard Game Engine

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was wondering, is there something like a standard Game Engine? I've seen a lot of PHP projects (Ogame, 2moons, TravianX, TravianVN, Bengine, Devana ect. ect.) and every project has an other game engine. But what is the best kind?

I have plans to start developing my own game. But i don't know what kind of Game Engine i have to use. Some one?

Waves'

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think he asks for a browser based game, made in or more precisely PHP CMS Engine for games.

Reaction score
What kind of game? There is no "best for all" solution in life... I'm assuming a browser-based game? PHP may not be the only tool for the job. If responsiveness (is that a word?) is important for this game, perhaps a language like JavaScript is the tool for the front-end of a browser-based game. Look for JavaScript game engines. A server for a game isn't really complex, and wouldn't really benefit from a game engine like the front-end would.

Reactions: Jax
◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
There is no such thing as "best" game engine, every game engine has it's own pro's and con's. It depends on what you need. If you need 3D rendering you should take a look at the the ones sunnyboy listed in his post. If you want to write a game engine for running a web based game then you should take a look into PHP or even JavaScript.

Back