Cross-platform vs Web Dev Platform

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    你他妈的 HeavenlyGifted is offline
    GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    PhilippinesLocation
    3,970Posts

    Cross-platform vs Web Dev Platform


    RaGEZONE Recommends

    RaGEZONE Recommends

    I am currently trying to compare a site that is completely built and made from a Web Development Platform such as Wordpress or Wix or any other Web Development Platform that offers the exact same service. From a cross-platform website that is hosted and compiled as an HTML.

    First of all, I would like to know technically the comparison between loading the images from the audience. Do coded websites load faster than the Wordpress images? Because from what I've seen on ThemeForest they offer templates that has an HTML version and a complete Wordpress template version of the template.

    And then second is the Search Engine Optimization, Do Web Development Platforms get their alt texts Keywords recognized easily than HTML ones?

    Because currently I'm trying to build an eCommerce site, but I was planning to do coding than build them straight from a Web Development Platform service.

    What do you guys think? And sorry though, I am not really familiar with the technical term of them, I could entirely be wrong with the way how I started my message, but I hope some or all of you gets my thought behind it.


  2. #2
    "(still lacks brains)" NoBrain is online now
    ModeratorRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,696Posts

    Re: Cross-platform vs Web Dev Platform

    Pure HTML will always be faster but it will be a nightmare to manage. Dynamic / user personalised content would be non-existent. If you're doing a very very basic site with like 1 or 2 pages at most you can do it through pure HTML but if it's a much larger project which requires user personalised data (for example) I'd recommend a proper system. As for the SEO thing, that's mostly how you configure your routing, what type of content you have on the site and a few HTML tags for keywords and stuff like that.

    Considering you're doing eCommerce, I'd avoid Wordpress / Wix and doing it purely HTML like the plague. I'd personally build my own system but you also have systems like Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento and a ton more. Wordpress is notoriously bad for security flaws and performance issues, the customisability is excellent however.

    I also moved your thread to Coders' Paradise since, in my opinion, it fits better there.

  3. #3
    你他妈的 HeavenlyGifted is offline
    GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    PhilippinesLocation
    3,970Posts

    Re: Cross-platform vs Web Dev Platform

    Quote Originally Posted by NoBrain View Post
    Pure HTML will always be faster but it will be a nightmare to manage. Dynamic / user personalised content would be non-existent. If you're doing a very very basic site with like 1 or 2 pages at most you can do it through pure HTML but if it's a much larger project which requires user personalised data (for example) I'd recommend a proper system. As for the SEO thing, that's mostly how you configure your routing, what type of content you have on the site and a few HTML tags for keywords and stuff like that.

    Considering you're doing eCommerce, I'd avoid Wordpress / Wix and doing it purely HTML like the plague. I'd personally build my own system but you also have systems like Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento and a ton more. Wordpress is notoriously bad for security flaws and performance issues, the customisability is excellent however.

    I also moved your thread to Coders' Paradise since, in my opinion, it fits better there.
    What does it mean dynamic personalised content? Is it establishing accounts for audiences to sign up and users with different power over the site?

    Also though, one of things that I would agree on having a complete HTML template being an nightmare is making contents specifically blogging. Though I could always pre-compose them on a different program, but still running them on a 16x resolution is absolutely terrible.

  4. #4
    "(still lacks brains)" NoBrain is online now
    ModeratorRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    United KingdomLocation
    2,696Posts

    Re: Cross-platform vs Web Dev Platform

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyGifted View Post
    What does it mean dynamic personalised content? Is it establishing accounts for audiences to sign up and users with different power over the site?

    Also though, one of things that I would agree on having a complete HTML template being an nightmare is making contents specifically blogging. Though I could always pre-compose them on a different program, but still running them on a 16x resolution is absolutely terrible.
    Changing elements based on the logged in user, their account permissions and more is one example. I would still recommend one of the open source eCommerce software.

  5. #5
    MMO Supervisor Biesmen is offline
    SupervisorRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,110Posts

    Re: Cross-platform vs Web Dev Platform

    If you're interested in ecommerce, then you're at the right address. I'm a certified Magento Developer, full-time developing webshops for a professional ecommerce solution specialist.

    Because I know Magento in depth, I do not recommend to dig into Magento if you have no experience as a developer or what so ever if your intention is to develop custom content. Magento has a huge community with lots of modules (which you'll know as the term "plugin"). You can basically set up your own Magento 2 store without any knowledge about developing, but you'll have to get used with the ecommerce terms. Magento does require a lot of configurating, but once you've read the documentation you'll get used to it and you'll figure out how it works. So, if you dig into Magento (and really, you should go for Magento 2. Magento 1 is not modern), make sure to read the documentation before (Getting Started with Magento 2.1) doing anything with it.

    Because Magento is still complex and it requires a lot of configuring (think about cart rules, price rules, taxes, links between payment processors, links between multi-carrier shipping platforms, etc), I'd go for WooCommerce. I haven't developed for WooCommerce and I don't have a lot of experience with it, but I did work with it in the past for a couple of weeks to modify the webshop of a friend. WooCommerce is a plug-in for Wordpress and it's really easy to use and easy to understand.

    Magento 2 and WordPress (if you got the right plugins) are both really SEO friendly. Just make sure to read documentation about SEO in general.

    I am not sure if I answered your question here, since I don't quite understand what you're asking. But I do think you mean the phrase Content Management System instead of "Web Development Platform". About the "HTML templates" on ThemeForest: I haven't ever downloaded such templates, but I think it's a HTML coded template without any dynamic content what so ever. So everything is hardcoded and that basically is "dummy content". The idea is, you could use the template if you know how to create a back-end and call the data on the front-end.

    I'm writing this from my work, so I might have got some really weird constructions in my sentences, so excuse me for typos and grammar errors. I'm writing this in quite a rush :p
    Forum Rules | Account Support | Subscribe
    RaGEZONE Facebook

    "The reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten."

  6. #6
    你他妈的 HeavenlyGifted is offline
    GammaRank
    Apr 2008 Join Date
    PhilippinesLocation
    3,970Posts

    Re: Cross-platform vs Web Dev Platform

    That is actually really informative coming from someone who a complete grasp over the platform. And I learned a lot.

    Though I've never used Magnento before and honestly never actually did hear someone that I know used it yet, since most of the people that I met are more convince over what they see as conveniently easy to setup and time consuming, since practically the focus of the business is the stacks or the market behind the shop.

    Most of the people that I met are either using Shopify which I assumed similar to Magnento, mainly because I did see Magnento being on the list of those specific eCommerce classification.

    But right now, I'm pretty amazed with Wordpress and the available plugins that are being offered exclusively, because I don't know if Magnento has this module right now, but there is a thing called https://codecanyon.net/item/social-c...ok-tab/4131041 which let's directly place an option to add items to cart directly from Facebook, which I really find it absolutely revolutionary, mainly because with the way how Facebook is playing a huge role when it comes to putting up businesses.

    Though I know my comparison between an Ecommerce platform website is really unparalleled with Wordpress, since Wordpress is basically a plain site without those plugins defining what the site will be made of.

  7. #7
    MMO Supervisor Biesmen is offline
    SupervisorRank
    Apr 2007 Join Date
    2,110Posts

    Re: Cross-platform vs Web Dev Platform

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyGifted View Post
    Though I've never used Magnento before and honestly never actually did hear someone that I know used it yet, since most of the people that I met are more convince over what they see as conveniently easy to setup and time consuming, since practically the focus of the business is the stacks or the market behind the shop.

    Most of the people that I met are either using Shopify which I assumed similar to Magnento, mainly because I did see Magnento being on the list of those specific eCommerce classification.
    I personally haven't ever used Shopify or informed myself about Shopify. I do have seen lots of ads on Facebook claiming it's really easy to use, so you could take a look at Shopify as well. It is really well synced with Facebook if the ads are accurate.

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyGifted View Post
    But right now, I'm pretty amazed with Wordpress and the available plugins that are being offered exclusively, because I don't know if Magnento has this module right now, but there is a thing called https://codecanyon.net/item/social-c...ok-tab/4131041 which let's directly place an option to add items to cart directly from Facebook, which I really find it absolutely revolutionary, mainly because with the way how Facebook is playing a huge role when it comes to putting up businesses.
    I am not sure how Facebook shopping works and I am not sure if there are developers who invested time in creating a module for Facebook (I wouldn't be surprised if there are people who created a module like the one you copied here), but it would definitely be possible to create such modules. I assume the product on Facebook has got an URL to your webshop which you can customize, in that case, you could easily use the default add-to-cart url in Magento (even though Magento uses a lot of form keys, so there's also a chance a developer needs to create it on his own which is theoretically really simple).


    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenlyGifted View Post
    Though I know my comparison between an Ecommerce platform website is really unparalleled with Wordpress, since Wordpress is basically a plain site without those plugins defining what the site will be made of.
    I do agree with you, but I do think WooCommerce is also a nice way to go if you're really small and do not require a lot of difficult links, shipping methods, etc. Even though I still think it's a weird thing selling products on WordPress, haha. I am developing a template for a blog of a family member, and I'm creating plug-ins. I really, really dislike the way how you have to create plugins and templates in WordPress. Their coding structure is a pain in the ass and they ignore every single coding standard there is.. lol.
    Forum Rules | Account Support | Subscribe
    RaGEZONE Facebook

    "The reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have gotten."




Advertisement