Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What editor do you use for PHP & front-end web dev?

Reaction score
As the title says, what are your preferred editors?
I personally use Atom most of the time, sometimes I use Sublime-Text and Notepad++, depending on the task, however time consuming tasks and projects are usually done in Atom.

Reaction score
For smaller things (1 - 2 files): Notepad++, for bigger projects: PhpStorm (it isn't free, but ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, Ahoy matey).

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Back in 2013 I used just to have some kind of VS like syntax highlighting xD I'm luckily not a web developer though. Looks like MS now recommends using VSCode.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
PHPStorm for PHP related project.
WebStorm for Angular 2 Projects ;)

Put Community First
Reaction score
Dreamweaver just because I get it for free through work, else Komodo Edit would be my choice.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Notepad++ because I like how it loads files so fast.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
For solid projects (C#/C/C++) i use VS13 (even tho i have VS15 aswell), for little projects (the ones made of just one file, just C/C++) i use SublimeText combined with GNU GCC (as i work on Windows i use MinGW) compilers.
Back for some little projects made in php i used notepad++.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Atom is the way to go for me, no matter what language I'm coding in. Only exception is when I'm loading large JSON or XML files, as Atom tends to crash when loading those. That's when I use either NP++ or Sublime Text 3.

Reaction score
Depends of how seriously the code is.

For high severity projects that need be styled, indented, organized i recommend those two: Phpstorm or Webstorm (if your project it's front-end use Webstorm, if is more backend use Phpstorm, since webstorm has more Angular, etc features)

For editing over SSH, and need be directly under terminal, i use Nano. For editing over SFTP, FTP etc, i prefer using Sublime 3 or Notepad++

For editing simple code files, our small projects that doesn't are so much important, or simply writing test codes, or fast codes i use Sublime 3.

Don't use Atom, is a poop. An Editor made in HTML + Electron? STFU LMFAO. It's lagging. HTML & Javascript are one of the languages that more consumes hardware resources!!

Don't use Eclipse, Atom, Windows Notepad or Netbeans, both are shenanigans.

Retired
Reaction score
Just to clear up all this confusion, I assume we are all talking about PhP and not PHP.

Depends of how seriously the code is.

For high severity projects that need be styled, indented, organized i recommend those two: Phpstorm or Webstorm (if your project it's front-end use Webstorm, if is more backend use Phpstorm, since webstorm has more Angular, etc features)

For editing over SSH, and need be directly under terminal, i use Nano. For editing over SFTP, FTP etc, i prefer using Sublime 3 or Notepad++

For editing simple code files, our small projects that doesn't are so much important, or simply writing test codes, or fast codes i use Sublime 3.

Don't use Atom, is a poop. An Editor made in HTML + Electron? STFU LMFAO. It's lagging. HTML & Javascript are one of the languages that more consumes hardware resources!!

Don't use Eclipse, Atom, Windows Notepad or Netbeans, both are shenanigans.

What do you think about Ms. Notepad?

I don't touch PhP any more (even though its best language ik xddd), but the last front-end projects I've been working on have been either Angular or some other JS-framework. Typically, I've been using WebStorm, but I've also been testing out other more light-weight editors as I've felt that it became sort of over-kill to the small edits I did on the code for my project anyhow, at least for the last project where all I did was extending existing stuff. Editors like Atom and VS Code was sort of slow when I started it from command line as there's a noticeable lag between hitting enter and the editors is ready. So I've recently been switching all over to Sublime Text in favor for Notepad++ as it is starting to feel old compared to other alternatives.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
As the title says, what are your preferred editors?
I personally use Atom most of the time, sometimes I use Sublime-Text and Notepad++, depending on the task, however time consuming tasks and projects are usually done in Atom.
i use PHPStorm, and it really incredible

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Bluefish,brackets,comodo edit and sometimes Notepad+. Notepad++ is free that's why most of the people use that software in place of others, And it is good also. I am also making a website with php but and just took services to check its code is correct or not.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Originally just notepad++ but I have been using Brackets for some time now, I made the change for Git integration for local repos

Back