What editor do you use for PHP & front-end web dev?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    True MemberRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    North KoreaLocation
    1,078Posts

Re: What editor do you use for PHP & front-end web dev?

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Just to clear up all this confusion, I assume we are all talking about PhP and not PHP.

Quote Originally Posted by saamus View Post
    Depends of how seriously the code is.

For high severity projects that need be styled, indented, organized i recommend those two: Phpstorm or Webstorm (if your project it's front-end use Webstorm, if is more backend use Phpstorm, since webstorm has more Angular, etc features)

For editing over SSH, and need be directly under terminal, i use Nano. For editing over SFTP, FTP etc, i prefer using Sublime 3 or Notepad++

For editing simple code files, our small projects that doesn't are so much important, or simply writing test codes, or fast codes i use Sublime 3.

Don't use Atom, is a shit. An Editor made in HTML + Electron? STFU LMFAO. It's lagging. HTML & Javascript are one of the languages that more consumes hardware resources!!

Don't use Eclipse, Atom, Windows Notepad or Netbeans, both are bullshit.
    What do you think about Ms. Notepad?

I don't touch PhP any more (even though its best language ik xddd), but the last front-end projects I've been working on have been either Angular or some other JS-framework. Typically, I've been using WebStorm, but I've also been testing out other more light-weight editors as I've felt that it became sort of over-kill to the small edits I did on the code for my project anyhow, at least for the last project where all I did was extending existing stuff. Editors like Atom and VS Code was sort of slow when I started it from command line as there's a noticeable lag between hitting enter and the editors is ready. So I've recently been switching all over to Sublime Text in favor for Notepad++ as it is starting to feel old compared to other alternatives.

MemberRank
    Jan 2017 Join Date
    SingaporeLocation
    12Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kingslime View Post
    As the title says, what are your preferred editors?
    I personally use Atom most of the time, sometimes I use Sublime-Text and Notepad++, depending on the task, however time consuming tasks and projects are usually done in Atom.
    i use PHPStorm, and it really incredible

MemberRank
    Apr 2017 Join Date
    2Posts

Bluefish,brackets,comodo edit and sometimes Notepad+. Notepad++ is free that's why most of the people use that software in place of others, And it is good also. I am also making a website with php but and just took secure code analysis services to check its code is correct or not.
    Last edited by babydd; 14-05-17 at 08:26 PM.

MemberRank
    Jul 2014 Join Date
    GermanyLocation
    11Posts

I don't touch PhP any more (even though its best language ik xddd)
    cringe asfk

I don't work so much with PHP anymore, but when I want to kill myself I work with PHPStorm.

MemberRank
    Aug 2013 Join Date
    London, UKLocation
    26Posts

Originally just notepad++ but I have been using Brackets for some time now, I made the change for Git integration for local repos
    Ashley Meah
    Web and software developer

True MemberRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    RukongaiLocation
    661Posts

I use Notepad++ for some snippets, but mostly I use Netbeans. The main reason why do I use Netbeans is that, because Netbeans auto-complete is perfect. Many other free PHP IDEs doesn't insert variable notes to auto-completed functions i.e if I write curl_setopt the completed function will be curl_setopt(), but in Netbeans it will be curl_setopt($ch, $option, $value); and also hovering the tooltip that appears shows me a documentation about the function.

Netbeans is free and I get free updates quickly instead of fapping around with cracks and stuff so I keep using it instead of any other "good" IDE.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Gold SubscriberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    Kerning PQLocation
    968Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ETTETT View Post
    I use Notepad++ for some snippets, but mostly I use Netbeans. The main reason why do I use Netbeans is that, because Netbeans auto-complete is perfect. Many other free PHP IDEs doesn't insert variable notes to auto-completed functions i.e if I write curl_setopt the completed function will be curl_setopt(), but in Netbeans it will be curl_setopt($ch, $option, $value); and also hovering the tooltip that appears shows me a documentation about the function.

Netbeans is free and I get free updates quickly instead of fapping around with cracks and stuff so I keep using it instead of any other "good" IDE.

FYI, you have the same functionalities in Atom too:))
    PHP<3
    Looking for PHP developers for code reviews, PM me

True MemberRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    RukongaiLocation
    661Posts

Maybe someday.

Alpha MaleRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    /etc/rc.localLocation
    2,175Posts

Atom is a shit. Just saying. An Editor made in Electron that means (HTML + CSS + Javascript (Node)). It's heavy as fuck and isn't fast to load. Sublime it's a really good alternative in Startup speed, Notepad++ also.

In terms of heavy performance I'd say Emacs or Visual Studio Code. I'd run some benchmarks by doing some heavily regex's with files with thousand of thousand of lines.

For non-gui editors, I really like Emacs (non-gui version) and Nano. VI and VIM are for people that don't know how to do things quickly. lol.. (My opinion).

Gold SubscriberRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    Kerning PQLocation
    968Posts

Atom is a shit. Just saying. An Editor made in Electron that means (HTML + CSS + Javascript (Node)). It's heavy as fuck and isn't fast to load. Sublime it's a really good alternative in Startup speed, Notepad++ also.

In terms of heavy performance I'd say Emacs or Visual Studio Code. I'd run some benchmarks by doing some heavily regex's with files with thousand of thousand of lines.

For non-gui editors, I really like Emacs (non-gui version) and Nano. VI and VIM are for people that don't know how to do things quickly. lol.. (My opinion).
    Haha yeah, Atom is awful when it comes to performance, it's a very demanding editor and cannot process large files, but at the same time - it's very hack-able and it's probably the best editor out there when it comes to customization and features.

I personally like to use Atom for most stuff, and for certain stuff (like huge files) I use Sublime.
    If only Atom had the same hack-ability and features combined with Sublime's performance and footprint.... could have been so great:X
    PHP<3
    Looking for PHP developers for code reviews, PM me

Alpha MaleRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    /etc/rc.localLocation
    2,175Posts

Haha yeah, Atom is awful when it comes to performance, it's a very demanding editor and cannot process large files, but at the same time - it's very hack-able and it's probably the best editor out there when it comes to customization and features.

I personally like to use Atom for most stuff, and for certain stuff (like huge files) I use Sublime.
    If only Atom had the same hack-ability and features combined with Sublime's performance and footprint.... could have been so great:X
    I agree that it's hackable, but for me all those features it's like cinderela thing. It's just useless. Visual Studio Code it's also extensible. Idk if hackable. But as an example, the new GitHub Desktop App it's made in Electron. It's heavy as f*ck.

True MemberRank
    Feb 2010 Join Date
    1,417Posts

I agree that it's hackable, but for me all those features it's like cinderela thing. It's just useless. Visual Studio Code it's also extensible. Idk if hackable. But as an example, the new GitHub Desktop App it's made in Electron. It's heavy as f*ck.
    You bash Atom for Electron and praise VS Code when VS Code is literally the same thing. Source : https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode

Alpha MaleRank
    Sep 2011 Join Date
    /etc/rc.localLocation
    2,175Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PunkS7yle View Post
    You bash Atom for Electron and praise VS Code when VS Code is literally the same thing. Source : https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode
    I'm not praising Visual Studio Code. Just saying that in performance benchmarks he is one of the bests.

Electron makes he also bad in startup and other little things. But dealing with big files it's really fast with it.

Read better my critics. I wasn't saying that VS Code it's perfect. But good in terms with file manipulation, replace/find, multiple tabs opened. Memory management in VSCode it's kinda same for Atom. Some benchmarks shows that Atom uses lot more CPU.

Sublime Text in terms of performance (text manipulation) isn't good overall. But starts really quickly.

https://blog.xinhong.me/post/sublime...ance-dec-2016/

You will like this benchmarks.

True MemberRank
    Feb 2010 Join Date
    1,417Posts

I actually don't care much for comparisons I just thought the argument was funny.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advertisement