Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What editor do you use for PHP & front-end web dev?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Definitely go with PHPStorm or WebStorm for bigger Projects.

For small ones i would recommend using Sublime Text 3, the add-on library is huge and i like the console stylish use.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't understand why phpstorm would be better for bigger projects... Can you elaborate that @Soulfire?
For me in person its way faster to jump to definitions in big projects and use all those shortcuts provided by phpstorm and to keep an overview or when using php frameworks like symfony with the symfony plugin.

But if you just want to develop something like a template then sublime text would be the way to go.

Depends on the user opinions ;)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I've never had any problems with using online code editors such as C9 & CT.

You get a pretty decent amount of space to build your project on and if you ever run out of space then you are always able to buy some more space for a decent price in my opinion.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually just switched from Atom to WebStorm.
Pretty good if you ask me and consumes less resources.
WebStorm has some highlighting errors when it comes to ECMAScript unfortunately.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I used Sublime editor for ecommerce website development. It is lightweight with required useful feature and is supported on OS X, Windows 7,8,10 aswell as Linux.It also has a plugin system which you can use to further extend its features.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I used Sublime editor for ecommerce website development. It is lightweight with required useful feature and is supported on OS X, Windows 7,8,10 aswell as Linux.It also has a plugin system which you can use to further extend its features.
How much are they paying you?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
VueJs for frontend,
PhpStorm is something i would recommend,

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Guys want to get advice from web developers What code editor do you use, which is better than Sublime Text or Atom (editor from GitHub)

Microsoft Visual Studio and Komodo Edit do not offer

Reaction score
Guys want to get advice from web developers What code editor do you use, which is better than Sublime Text or Atom (editor from GitHub)

Microsoft Visual Studio and Komodo Edit do not offer
I'm currently using VSCode and it gets the job done pretty great for me. Use the Extensions to connect your PHP server with it, it has plenty to offer.

Back