Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Game log information?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm working in my final paper, in my Computer Science graduation, and the subject is Data Mining in MMORPG event logs. If it work, it will identify different player profiles according to their actions during the game.

But, to do so, I need some log informations, and it's being really hard to get some.

Any of you guys know a game, server, webservice, or any place that I can get game events informations, don't mether which MMORPG? I do not need any information about the player itself, just the actions performed by them in the game.

Any help will be welcome.

Thanks a lot!

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Can't you log the data that get passed yourself by using programs like wireshark? On games like Perfect World, they save data in txt files from which quests that you do and that are finished, however i'm not sure if thats what you need.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
article might be something worth taking a look at.

Here is an other example:

I've had a game where people could buy weapons but I wanted to have a purchase log so every purchase had to be logged. I logged them for every purchase and when I needed to fetch the information related to the data I merged the data together by using database queries (Example GROUP BY) combined with multi-row functions such as SUM, MAX, MIN, AVG, etc. I merged the all the items with the same ID into a single result. Sum was used for the total duration and a MIN for the earliest expire date. This allowed me to use the data of all the purchases as a single result and still having logs. If I wanted to fetch the logs I simply would fetch the inventory table in this case.

Back